I Can't Believe My Son is Getting Married

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark & Sharon Bullington

Reaction score
This Saturday we take off and head to Miami to catch the cruise ship. Our son Joel and his wonderful fiancee Jessica are getting married Sunday on board the ship before we set sail. It'd hard to believe he is beginning life's true journey. We are just thrilled he has such a wonderful companion to share it with. Jessica has a 3 year old daughter from an earlier marriage that we absolutely adore, so we are getting quite a package deal. Sometimes it seems just like yesterday I was carrying him around on my shoulders, teaching him to ride a bike, throw a football, catch a fish, etc. I guess it's just another sign of age (sigh).

It will be a wonderful time, our first cruise, Dad is coming along (at nearly age 85). We have a total of around 36 people going along - so it will be a blast - and it will be WARM!!!!! Boat drinks anyone?
default_risa8.gif
default_cheers.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_new_multi.gif

I didn't think you were THAT old.......grandpa and grandma.....LOL. Congratulations on the new additions to your family. Have a drink for me on that warm boat in the tropics.

I prefer something more fruity than that........you know - sweet like me!
default_smile.png

Mark, You have NO idea how OLD this makes me feel!
default_laugh.png
default_new_shocked.gif

Nothing like EMBARKING onto a new life! Best wishes and Congratulations to Joel and Jessica!

Don't feel too bad, my mom will be 43 this month, and both of her children are married. We both married young (when we were 20)

MA - I DO know what you mean. You guys have been around his life since he was 6-7 years old. He is now 24. Thats a lot of years. I am going to be 54 this year, almost died last year (according to my doctor). I am sure glad I made it throug last year - the only regret I have is that my Mom didn't make it to see this. Joel was the most important thing in her life.

Mark

Best wishes to your son, soon to be daughter in law and your instant grandchild.

What a wonderful way to celebrate their new journey.

Can't think of a better way to beat the winter blahs than a wedding and a cruise.

I know you are prouder than Heck! You did a great job raising him, now it will be his turn! Maybe you guys will be grandparents soon! How exciting!

Congratulations, Mark, Sharon, Joel, Jessica and your newly official granddaughter! What better way to say bon voyage than with a celebratory cruise?

I have to add...it's good to know that at least SOMEONE is older than I am! (Even Keith is four months younger -- guess I robbed the cradle, lol...)

Sounds like a great time. Congratulations Mark, Sharon and the whole family ! HMMM, To bad the Water 'N Hole is not on that ship......... We could have a heck of a wedding reception
default_wink.png
Oh, I am sure you all will anyway...........

Much happiness to all of you, especially your son, his wife and little girl. AND HAVE A GREAT TIME !!

Linda Killion

Susanne - now age is just a matter - if you don't mind, it don't matter.
default_biggrin.png
. As Jimmy Buffett says "I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead".

Linda K - It WOULD be fun to have the Waterin' Hole on the ship, but I think they have quite a few beverage dispensaries there...or at least there better be. We are looking forward to being warm for a change and having fun with the kids, Dad, and the rest of the family and friends.
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_cheers.gif
default_488.gif

Mark

MA - I DO know what you mean. You guys have been around his life since he was 6-7 years old. He is now 24. Thats a lot of years. I am going to be 54 this year, almost died last year (according to my doctor). I am sure glad I made it throug last year - the only regret I have is that my Mom didn't make it to see this. Joel was the most important thing in her life.
Mark

I didn't know, Mark, about your health issues......Obviously you were supposed to stick around for some more grandkids, and more horse shows! Interestingly you are just half way between Larry's and my ages......
default_wink.png

BTW, Remember when we were showing hot and heavy and had those two young bratty teenage girls -- Jessica and Krissy? Believe it or not those girls are 26 and 27 years old!
default_new_shocked.gif
I'm happy to say that KRISSY just got engaged! She called us from Michigan yesterday to tell her "other" mom and dad all about it.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back