I can die happy now!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bfogg

Reaction score
got to see Buckeroo up close and personal!!!!The Buckeroo! I got to touch him and to spend 2 days at Little King Farm! I got to see all 400 miniatures.

But Buckeroo is amazing.

When I first saw him I thought,hmm..... no that's not him he's not big enough. I always thought of him as kinda tall. Not over 34, but just big.

Then Robin put his halter on and brought him out. All of a sudden this little horse arched his neck, tossed his head and I swear to God he grew 10 inches!!! At what, 32 years old he is magnificent! His presence is truly something to see.He has "IT"! That mysterious and rare thing that makes a true champion.

I saw Buck Echo, and many sons and daughters of Buckeroo. It was kind of funny,in a whole herd of horses I would ask about this one and that one and Robin would say that's Buckeroo son. That's a Buckeroo daughter, they just seem to have that "Look".

I am so glad I got to see him,it has been a dream of mine to see him for about 20 years. And I got to do it!! Mostly thanks to stumbling on a great airline sale.

Robin and Maryanne were just wonderful and so gracious.I know why Buckeroo has lived so long,he is really really treated like a king.

I also got to see some of the up and coming stuff. Wow......

It was one of those trips you make where everything comes together perfectly,good weather,no layovers, no stress.

It was a very fruitful trip for me.

Hugs

Bonnie

Oh, wow, I'm sooo jealous! But I'm really glad you got to see him, Bonnie! Sounds like you had the perfect trip! Did he tell you any secrets?
default_wink.png

Melba

Wow I am so jealous Bonnie! I am so glad you got the live the dream a lot of us have! Thanks for sharing with us!

Add me to the "Jealous List"..........

Have met a number of the Greats, but not THE Buckeroo...... (sigh)

I'm so happy for you, Bonnie!! :)

I'd love to see him too. My son of his, Justa Buck, definitely has a certain rare presence about him. :)

Susan O.

I am so jealous also. Glad we can imagine being there through your post. Glad the whole trip was enjoyable.

Oooooooooo you lucky, lucky thing!!!!

I'm joining the line of jealous folk!! Would be a dream of mine too, but as I'm almost in my dotage and I would have to wade my way across the pond to even reach the shores of the US, I doubt my dream will ever come true
default_sad.png

Surely you have some pictures you can share with us - pretty please
default_yes.gif

Anna

No I didn't get any pictures,see I feel that pictures could never be as good as the ones I that I now carry in my head and heart. Sounds kind of sappy I know but I have always felt that way. I have never been one to do photos. Besides I am awful with a camera.

But for those that can't get there,he really is as nice as his photos.

So many times you are disappointed when you see the real thing, I wasn't, The minute that halter went on,well I swear he seemed to project to about 16 hands!

If you ever get a chance to see him do it!!!!

I have seen a lot of older horses and you know so many times it's a little sad if you know what I mean.

Buck Echo was just a few stalls away.and I always figured being the size he is (smaller) he would not be my cup of tea, but my mouth just dropped when I saw him in his stall. Nice nice boy!

You just look from stall to stall in that particular barn and lots of sons in there and it's like (for me anyway) being at Ben and Jerry's and trying to pick a flavor!

Hey God you know how I keep telling you I am ready to win power ball, and I how I promise you I can handle it??? Well could you hurry it up? Like this week before they are all gone?

All kidding aside, now I have seen almost all of the great stallions in person.Rowdy Egyptian king, Boogerman and now Buckeroo, life is good!!!

Rats,I forgot the name of a pinto stallion they have also,he is gorgeous.

There was also a beauty of a stallion who told me he really really wanted to come to New Hampshire.............hmm wonder what the outcome was??????

No I didn't get any pictures,see I feel that pictures could never be as good as the ones I that I now carry in my head and heart. Sounds kind of sappy I know but I have always felt that way. I have never been one to do photos. Besides I am awful with a camera.

But for those that can't get there,he really is as nice as his photos.

So many times you are disappointed when you see the real thing, I wasn't, The minute that halter went on,well I swear he seemed to project to about 16 hands!

If you ever get a chance to see him do it!!!!

I have seen a lot of older horses and you know so many times it's a little sad if you know what I mean.

Buck Echo was just a few stalls away.and I always figured being the size he is (smaller) he would not be my cup of tea, but my mouth just dropped when I saw him in his stall. Nice nice boy!

You just look from stall to stall in that particular barn and lots of sons in there and it's like (for me anyway) being at Ben and Jerry's and trying to pick a flavor!

Hey God you know how I keep telling you I am ready to win power ball, and I how I promise you I can handle it??? Well could you hurry it up? Like this week before they are all gone?

All kidding aside, now I have seen almost all of the great stallions in person.Rowdy Egyptian king, Boogerman and now Buckeroo, life is good!!!

Rats,I forgot the name of a pinto stallion they have also,he is gorgeous.

There was also a beauty of a stallion who told me he really really wanted to come to New Hampshire.............hmm wonder what the outcome was??????

But Buckeroo is amazing.

When I first saw him I thought,hmm..... no that's not him he's not big enough. I always thought of him as kinda tall. Not over 34, but just big.

Then Robin put his halter on and brought him out. All of a sudden this little horse arched his neck, tossed his head and I swear to God he grew 10 inches!!! At what, 32 years old he is magnificent! His presence is truly something to see.He has "IT"! That mysterious and rare thing that makes a true champion.
I love your description of him Bonnie.

I hope I get the chance to see that fine old gent, he is beautiful.

Congrats on getting on getting to see Buckaroo. I'm not a huge fan but I would give anything to see the other 3 you have listed.....I'm jealous about that. (Love Rowdy) I did get to see Redboy this year when we bought our Redboy son from Belinda.... He is my living Buckaroo. I also got to see Uno De Mayo....but wow I'd LOVE to have seen Rowdy
default_wub.png
Congrats, looks like you have seen the best, I'm soo jealous lol!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I now exactly how you feel Bonnie! I've been lucky enough to see him 3 times and each time my knees go weak! He just has it - that something that makes him truly the KING!! I don't have any sons or daughters, but do have numerous greats and grand greats.

Bonnie you are the only one who can answer this - does he know what he has done with his offspring??

You're so lucky, Bonnie! I envy you your visit. It's always been my dream to see Buckeroo, too, particularly after reading so much about him in Miniature Horse World and the Showcase over the years. Sigh.......put me in the Jealous Club, also!

For years I've admired the Scott Creek horses and the Sierra Dawn Uno's Monarch offspring. This spring while visiting my son in Washington, I made an apppointment to visit Scott Creek. Joanne Ross was wonderful, so gracious, and I could have talked with her all day about bloodlines, and horse experiences. Their beautiful barn and facilities which they have spent 30 years improving was my "dream barn". I was just astonished at how small Monarch was.....only 30 inches. From his pictures, I expected him to be "Big", also, but what a presense. Amazing arched neck, amazing movement, and yes, he had "It" too. And then to see his offspring, which were almost clones - not in color, but in action and body - was a once in a lifetime experience.

One really has to see the "greats" of the miniature horse world to understand something of what it's all about.

I now exactly how you feel Bonnie! I've been lucky enough to see him 3 times and each time my knees go weak! He just has it - that something that makes him truly the KING!! I don't have any sons or daughters, but do have numerous greats and grand greats.

Bonnie you are the only one who can answer this - does he know what he has done with his offspring??

It is funny you ask that. I didn't do a real reading,but I just let myself "feel" him. If he was a human he would be "The Fonz" only magnified 50 times. It doesn't even occur to him he is not, how can I explain it, HE JUST KNOWS HE'S KING OF THE PLACE! He would have taken on any horse there, in a heartbeat!!

I don't mean to put down any other of the great ones,I thought Boogerman was really something.

We all have our favorites based on our idea of a good horse.

They were all great in my eyes or they would not have been considered as highly as they were or are .

But we do all have our favorites I guess.

So I am not downing any of the greats!

In fact I have really not seen the new crop. Maybe i will get to at Nationals this year.

It is funny you ask that. I didn't do a real reading,but I just let myself "feel" him. If he was a human he would be "The Fonz" only magnified 50 times. It doesn't even occur to him he is not, how can I explain it, HE JUST KNOWS HE'S KING OF THE PLACE! He would have taken on any horse there, in a heartbeat!!

I don't mean to put down any other of the great ones,I thought Boogerman was really something.

We all have our favorites based on our idea of a good horse.

They were all great in my eyes or they would not have been considered as highly as they were or are .

But we do all have our favorites I guess.

So I am not downing any of the greats!

In fact I have really not seen the new crop. Maybe i will get to at Nationals this year.

Back