I bet I can come up with a Halloween activity

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHARLOTTE & JOHN

Reaction score
It is Called Cornin'. It involved a sack full of shelled field corn and throwing it at your neighbors windows (does no damage just makes noise) and then running. The next day you gather up all the corn in your front yard and you have enough to go cornin again the next night.

Anyone else ever done it???

How about moving the out house back four feet...

Sounds like a "Mid-West" tradition to me.........Sort of like a Chimeras? Thirty years ago we experienced that one......

How about moving the out house back four feet...
Years ago I went to a little country school where the outhouse was tipped over every Halloween. They always tipped it over on its front because of the way it sat on the little hill. Well anyway, someone moved it forward a few feet and when they went behind to tip it over, well you can know what they fell in. Boy did they smell the next day in school. Everyone knew about it before hand except the guilty culprits.

Another one, not Halloween though, that was pretty funny---We were at the world championship snowmobile races at Eagle River, Wi. and some smart guys, when their friend was in the portable toilet they went behind and tipped it over on the front. Of course it landed on the door and he was locked in with all the you know what all over him. Talkk about screaming and cussing and swearing. Wow I still blush to this day from what I heard.

Cornin is not well know enough to be a midwestern tradition, it is not even well known enough to be an Indiana tradition, it is just a tradition in Seymour Indiana. I don't know of any other town that did it.

It was legal too. A lot better than toilet papering or soapin windows.

My dad said they used to turn outhouses over when they were boys too.

We used to get to trick or treat on 2 nights too. We used to have to go inside the house and the people would try to guess who you were under that mask.

Of course that was when kids only trick or treated in their own neighborhood and the neighbors knew the kids.

Latest posts

Back