I am sorry Guys. Please forgive me.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellen

Reaction score
I have to say to all of you helping me with my thin mare I am very sorry for my public out burst over her the other day.

While all of you were trying to help, I freaked out and acted like a two year old. Athough this not an excuse, I have been very sick, trying to care for her and still enjoy some assemblence of a show season. I snapped, I am sorry.

We found her trouble and are working on her, but now I have a sick colt. Ulcers. The preemie colt we worked so hard on. Just not my year. But, again. I am so very sorry.

Ellen

I didn't reply to your thread as I really have no experince in the help you needed but wanted to say sending prayers for your sick colt. and so glad you have your mares problem under control

Its very stressful when they are sick and life is so demanding

No worries--I didn't post on that thread as I had nothing helpful to suggest, but I did notice that some (many?) did not seem to have read what you had written--in particular they were overlooking the statement that the mare had the problem since she had stepped off the trailer when you brought her home. In view of that, her diarrhea could not have been caused by the feed or supplements you were giving her.

I know how stressful it is to have a horse that is so sick and you don't know what to do to help--I don't blame you if you did get a little snappy at the responses you got from some (and frankly I don't think you were snappy at all--just very frustrated and rather hurt)

It was nice of you to apologize, but I wouldn't have thought it was necessary!

I'm glad you have figured out what the problem was & your mare is improving! That is super news!

I 100% agree with minimor. I, myself got a little frustrated reading some of the comments and I was not as drained as you were. That being said, I believe everyone was just trying to help and they will all be happy to hear your mare is making good progress.

Prayers for your mare and colt! Oh and a big hug too...a good hug always fixes everything, well for a few seconds at least.

Thank you so much. I do appreciate everyone here so much. All I have to say is Thank you.

Minimor and ohmt said it so well!
default_yes.gif

All I'd like to add is, {{{{{Ellen}}}}}

And that I hope your colt and the mare get better fast!

Please do not ever worry about "losing it" when under stress. The one thing we can all agree on is that we have all been there and done that!!!

I think what was happening was that we were all just throwing ideas out, which can be useful and can also be frustrating, anyway, nothing to worry about, and I hope your colt is OK.

Sorry to hear about the colt, hope he responds quickly to the meds...hugs and prayers your way.

Apology not necessary, we've all been there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you again Everyone! I have great news to report. Annie, the mare, is doing very well. I can tell she is feeling better. She has started knickering to me and Russ and is looking bright eyed. You can just see she feels better. We have her eating a little beetpulp now too. Before she would not touch it, now that she is feeling better she is taking it. I am feeling 100% better just seeing her improvement. I swear she is already filling in just a tad, probably just not dehydrated I am sure. But what a difference a few days make. We also have a great resource available to us. Spencer Mill has a nutritionist and he was brought in to help us with her diet. We were so thankful for John's visit. Do you know that they offer this to customers at no charge? We have been customers of theirs for 20yrs plus. But I asked what the charge was and they said nothing. How nice!!!!!!

My colt is feeling better. I think he will just need sometime on his meds, but he is acting like himself today. He bit me in the butt and chased my son, all is well in the world. LOL!

A huge hug and kiss to all of you!!!! Thank you for bearing with me. Thank you for the needed advice and all the prayers. I truly appreciate it.

So glad to hear everyone (including you) is feeling better. Hope everyone is totally up to par soon and this is all just a bad memory.

Wonderful news Ellen, I am so glad for you and your little ones. Now you can take a moment to relax, wishing only good things coming your way.

Latest posts

Back