I am so excited!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Indian Acres

Reaction score
Seriously, WE are moving into the barn! :DOH!
default_smile.png
I cannot wait!!

Last year we bought this farm from friends of ours, it needed a lot of work. We will be working on it for a long time to come. We had planned to put a new house on this property this year. Well, then the property across from us came available. The other property had a 70x 120 indoor arena and large older barn with a one bedroom apartment in it. A very tiny bedroom I should add.

So, rather than putting a new house on this property we decided that it would be in our best interest in the long run to have the two properties. It was a long time before we got things worked out so we could actually do it, but it got done. So rather than putting a new house somewhere our wonderful Amish friend have helped us to add onto the apartment and make it large enough for our whole family. This included making foal watch windows from the loft area of the apartment so that we could watch mares from inside the house.
default_smile.png

The guys are still finishing it up, but tomorrow we are going to be cleaning up their "remains" and starting to move in. I am so excited! My only regret is that I do not have more before photos, I will look for some and try to add them. Anyway, here is a link to the photos. I know it is not fancy, but we love it and I am so excited!
default_biggrin.png

http://picasaweb.google.com/Rottiebears/Re...sForOurFriends#

Carrie

This looks awesome! Congratulations on the new home. I think it looks very nice.

I would LOVE to have a home and barn together.
default_smile.png

I am soooooo jealous. Make sure TurkEE has a room too! ha ha ha or turn the tv so he can watch from the barn !!!

Yeah, you can guess what horse will have a stall I can see from in the house when I don't need them all for mares! I could look at that boy all day long! Husband ruled out putting a stall for Turk EE in the living room. lol

You should be excited, Congratulations Home Sweet Home
default_wub.png

I am happy for you. Keep the pictures coming
default_saludando.gif

Oh that is tooooo cool!!!!!!!!! My husband would think I was nuts if I told him that is what I wanted, LOL.

I LOVE IT !

You are gonna be living in a cool place!!

Thanks for sharing..

Thanks everyone. I am pretty excited about it.

It was not easy to get my husband to give up the idea of a new house to move into an old barn, trust me. lol

It looks awesome Carrie!
default_new_shocked.gif
What a great setup. I am so jealous!!

Oh Carrie! AT LAST!!
default_aktion033.gif

I know you've been waiting a long time for this! How exciting!!

I've been hoping to see your new place!

When does Doc get there?
default_smile.png

WHOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!

Oh Carrie! AT LAST!!
default_aktion033.gif
I know you've been waiting a long time for this! How exciting!!

I've been hoping to see your new place!

When does Doc get there?
default_smile.png

WHOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!

I am picking up Doc on Sunday. It has been too busy for me to make the trip up to Warsaw until then. Only bad thing about Amish friends building things for you, you are have to do ALL of the driving after supplies. lol

The lumber was only hauled from six miles down the road, but I pulled it on one of the wagons with metal wheels intended for Belgians. I had to keep my truck about ten miles an hour the whole time on each trip. It was funny. I felt like I was living that "International Harvester" song. lol

That is awesome - congrats! My barn/kennel is attached to my house and I LOVE it!! We will be moving to a larger property as soon as we can and that is the only thing I am going to miss
default_sad.png

CONGRATS!!! I'd be beyond excited too!!

default_wub.png
the whole set up - indoor arena - SIGH

What a great hubby to go with the flow and move into the ‘barn’

I am GREEN with envy, I really am, and I do not often get that way!!!

This is exactly what I have always wanted.....ARGH!!!! :arg!
default_gaah.gif

Thats wonderful you are so darn lucky...when l applied for a permit with living quarters over the barn when we bought our quarter our county said no...l was so disappointed at the time because l had seen World of Minutures setup when they lived up here and wanted one just like that it was so neat everything under one roof...

Thats wonderful you are so darn lucky...when l applied for a permit with living quarters over the barn when we bought our quarter our county said no...l was so disappointed at the time because l had seen World of Minutures setup when they lived up here and wanted one just like that it was so neat everything under one roof...

Oh, that stinks! If people want to live in a barn they should be able to!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back