I am in shock,

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am very sorry for your loss. Wish I had magic words to ease your pain.

Hugs

Bonnie

I'm sorry Corrinne. Such a shock. There will be that empty hole, that empty place, that just hurts so bad.

You can't see it now but for your brother to leave you in this way is such a help to you. No ambulances, no hospitals, no emergency rooms or surgerys. Once you stop reeling, you will understand that in that way, you were blessed. I know it doesn't help right now, but it will come to you later on. I'm so sorry, so very sorry. Go slow. Just one day at a time. You know you can call me anytime my friend.

I believe his final gift to you, as your loving brother, was to leave

with no fanfare.... He left the world without lingering illness, quickly

and without pain.. In reality you can't wish more for him, even

while you desparately wish him still with you. He will live forever

in the memories of your heart. Wishing you peace in the coming days.

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your brother, my heart and prayers go out to your family.

There will be that empty hole, that empty place, that just hurts so bad.

Marty described the feeling very well.......... but she knows it intimately. Yes, I know it well too.......I've lost my brother and like you, we were very close. Like others have said, I wish there were magic words and answers. Mother Nature often gives you an emotional numbness......Don't fight it. It's your protection right now. Let your husband and others be your support while you need it most.......Crying is good........Talking about him is good. And you know what? Talking TO him is good. He WILL hear you. There are no "rules" for grief.

Bless you.

I'm sorry Corrinne. Such a shock. There will be that empty hole, that empty place, that just hurts so bad.

You can't see it now but for your brother to leave you in this way is such a help to you. No ambulances, no hospitals, no emergency rooms or surgerys. Once you stop reeling, you will understand that in that way, you were blessed. I know it doesn't help right now, but it will come to you later on. I'm so sorry, so very sorry. Go slow. Just one day at a time. You know you can call me anytime my friend.
My condolences on your loss....

Marty is right-on the money. I lost my father to a heart attack. He felt unwell all weekend and then Monday we couldn't wake him up. The paramedics couldn't revive him. But knowing Daddy, he wouldn't have wanted to be hooked up to machines. So in a way, it was a blessing.

It's been 14 years.... I still miss him very, very much.

Lucy

i'm so sorry for your loss. baby steps, one day at a time is all you can do. grief is such a personal thing and you will find ways to cope.

for me, when gary died, i looked at it this way...if one of us had to leave, i am glad i was the one left behind because i would not want him to have to feel this profound sadness. when i think i can't put one foot in front of the other one more time, i think oh yes i can, i will do it FOR HIM.

in time, you will be able to remember the good things. it's a slow process so have patience with yourself and most of all, be kind to yourself. look for signs from your brother. i promise you, he will let you know he is doing just fine.

you will be in my prayers.

I'm so very sorry for your loss.
default_sad.png

When my Mom died last summer, it was a huge shock and absolutely devastating. Some days I do ok and some days, well, not so good.
default_sad.png
Right now all the reminders for the upcoming Mother's Day are reallly difficult for me. All you can do is grieve in your own way, and take it one day at a time. {{{hugs}}}

Corinne,

I am so sorry for your loss, please know my thoughts are with you and your husband at this most

difficult time.

Valerie

Thank you all for your very kind words. I am really trying hard to get thru this. I keep telling myself that I have to do this one last thing for my only brother. The house just seems so empty without him, he was such a joker and prankster, and couldnt sit still for a minute, he ALWAYS was helping me. Monday is the very first time I had to go out and feed my own horses ..he always had all the morning feeding and watering done. I am trying to take baby steps thru this, and talk to him like he is here with me. Thank you so much my forum family for everything (((hugs))) Corinne

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like he was a really good brother. That is a special relationship! I'm so very sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry for your loss. ((((HUGS)))) I will keep you and your husband in my thoughts and prayers.

Corrine I am so sorry for your lost. I lost my brother about 8 years ago and I know what you are feeling.

I just want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Carlene

Corrine,

I am so sorry for your loss. I am deeply sorry.

I have never lost a sibling or husband.

My Dad lived with us and he passed away on New Years, and I know what you mean about the house being empty.

Corrine, try to find peace in the fact that your brother went to bed and fell asleep and then went to Heaven.

For myself, I think that would be the best thing really. I hope that I go that way, and would wish it for someone I love.No worries about what will happen to others when I am gone. My father in law passed away in his sleep , he went to take a nap. He was a good good person, and had a "good death"

I wish we could all go that way instead of being in the hospital etc.

But... I know its just not fair, is it?, he was too young, there was no warning. It will hurt for a long while. My wish for you is that someday you will smile at his memory, instead of cry.

Take care of yourself, be good to yourself. You were good to him.

Hugs,

Robin

Oh Corinne... please know you and your family are in my prayers... I'm truely sorry for your loss.

Leya

I can truly feel you pain........I lost my sister the same way. She was only 41 years old, she was my best friend in the whole wide world. This was 6 years ago, and I still miss her everyday. We had a special bond all of our lives, went thru everything together. Always told each other we loved each other b4 hanging up the phone. I would give anything to have her back, I thought I would never be able to get thru life with out her........but as someone else said....it's one day at a time. I remember looking around and seeing people go through life as every thing was normal and thinking my life would never be normal again. I didn't care if the bills where paid......the house was a pit........the pain was so painful I just couldn't think of nothing else. Give yourself time to grieve...and then look around you and find something that brings you peace. For me it's is sitting with my horses listening to them munch on hay. I wish I had some wise words that would ease your pain. Reading your post reminded me of how much I miss my sis, I have stopped crying but my heart still hurts.

My deepest sympathy to you and your family

Latest posts

Back