I am heartbroken right now...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A prayer for you from me, and mini hooves crossed here for a Thanksgiving recovery! (What an adorable girl!!!)

You all are in my prayers!! I really hope she gets better!!! I know its hard but don't give up hope! She is av very pretty little mare, I'll be praying for her!!!

Lots of prayers heading your way from here.....I'm sure she knows how much she is loved and that will pull here through this.
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

Best Wishes for a Speedy Recovery. She really is a beautful little girl. My thoughts and prayers are with you all there.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Honey, Any updates that you can give? I'll pray for her.

Oh No! I know how terrifying this is having just been through this with Cowboy! Please consider ulcers as a source of her pain. Cowboy went right into ulcers during an impaction colic....from the stress. I'm a firm believer of putting them on Gastroguard anytime they are under stress.

I will be praying for you and your beautiful filly.

Charlotte

having gone through this last summer, my heartfelt thoughts are with you! jennifer

Oh, no! I am so sorry this has happened/is happening to you and to her. She is beautiful, and I will keep you all in my thoughts that she is soon just fine and you all can relax and get her home.

Liz

Any news yet??? Still sending prayers her way.

You guys are really making me cry here. This little girl means the absolute world to me. She always walked around our old place with us like a little dog; no lead rope or halter. Just a sweet, sweet baby.

The latest:

I spoke to the vet a short time ago and he said she laid down in her stall again on her side with her legs straight out just before he called me (not a good sign). He did do a belly tap and things weren't too bad: protein a hair higher than normal but not alarmingly so and a few WBCs in there but again, nothing out of the ordinary or cause for concern.

She had a sand colic a year and a half ago and went through the same symptoms. I had our vet over here fax all her chart notes to the attending vet so he could see what they did that worked on her before. He said, based on what he sees in the previous chart notes, this appears to be a repeat of the previous episode, and has high hopes for a similar outcome. He said he believes there is no full blown impaction or torsion or she would be going downhill fast. The belly tap also put that to rest and helped show that she wasn't in need of surgery at this time. She has had banamine and another pain med (name slips my mind), and he has put her on Gastroguard as well. No manure had passed since she arrived at his office and he was going to tube her again. She is also on IV fluids, electrolytes, etc.

Ok, those prayers are working and I believe in the power of prayer and healing thoughts. Please keep them coming. Thank you everyone so much! Your support is really appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
She is lovely and I'm so sorry she is so sick right now. I will say a prayer that everything will turn out well and she won't need surgery and will be fine.

Joyce L

Thank you for the update. I will continue to hope she improves quickly. I remember seeing her in Sept., and loving her coloring and demeanor then. Best wishes....and hugs

Liz

Latest posts

Back