I am heartbroken right now...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAM

Reaction score
The beautiful Mill Creek Valley~Prineville, OR
We have just completed fencing our second pasture at our new house and were going to pickup our mini mares from our trainer's this weekend where they are being boarded during the fencing process. I received a phone call from our trainer early this morning that one of our fillies had shown signs of colic late last night so she called her vet out. He ran bloodwork, a fecal and tubed her with oil. All tests came back normal and she finally passed manure and oil a few times and was up and acting her usual self.

Then I get a call from her vet a couple hours later that Stephanie is rushing the filly in to him as she is showing signs for the worse again. He is going to run IV fluids, tube her again, run another fibrinogen test and if that doesn't help he wants to do a belly tap to see what is causing the inflammation.

Please say a big prayer for our filly Honey. I don't want to have to put her through a surgery. She is the absolute sweetest little girl and has been the best therapy for my son for the past couple years in reintroducing him to horses after a scare he had as a youngster. I adore her and will be absolutely devastated if she doesn't pull through this.
default_sad.png

Here is her photo:

Honey1-1.jpg

Honey

Edited to add: Sorry, can't seem to resize the photo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prayers coming your way. She is such a pretty little mare! She has to pull through because she has an owner like you.
default_yes.gif
:

Edited for grammar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sending special thoughts and prayers your way for a complete and speedy recovery. She is a stunning mare

Prayers Coming Your Way poor Darling Doll. :no:
default_wub.png
:

:no: Oh no...how frightening! Sending thoughts and prayers for her full and fast recovery. Good Luck...we are thinking of you. (((HUGS)))

More prayers coming from here. Hope she pulls through this for everyone's sake.

May I just add our sincere wishes for this little "Honey" to fully recover! I don't get on alot anymore due to my health so sorry I didn't see this sooner. God's speed.

Maxine

oh im so sorry i hope she pulls through, im sending prayers as we speak .... {{{hugs}}}

Please know that we are all keeping you in our thoughts and prayers...

Liz R.

default_sad.png
Oh Debra, I'm praying for her and you guys! What a horrible call to recieve....I'm sending HUGS and PRAYERS your way!!!
default_pray.gif
: Let us know how she's doing!!!!

Praying for her and the vet. Hope she pulls through quickly.

(She is adorable)

~Karen

awww poor little girly! that made me cry :no: i hope she pulls throw this!! she can do it ! never lose hope!!

she wil be in my prayers
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back