I am heartbroken right now...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Liz, she was the one my daughter Lauren let escape when she was "working" her and then she ran down the driveway at Stephanie's. When she got to the end of the driveway she stopped and looked around like, "Hey, how'd I get here?"
default_rolleyes.gif
: Then she waited for me to attach her leadrope and we walked back like nothing happened. A little burst of energy and then an "Ok, time to go back home." I love that little girl.
default_wub.png
:

My good thoughts and prayers that this little girl of yours gets well quickly. Such a beautiful little girl, and it seems like her personality is as well.

Hugs and prayers for your precious little Honey. It sounds like she is in a good place with a knowledgeable vet.

She is just a gorgeous little mare!

Oh No! I know how terrifying this is having just been through this with Cowboy! Please consider ulcers as a source of her pain. Cowboy went right into ulcers during an impaction colic....from the stress. I'm a firm believer of putting them on Gastroguard anytime they are under stress.

I will be praying for you and your beautiful filly.

Charlotte
I agree, I would put her on the Gastorguard, which I just read you are doing. We had one mare at a

Vet once. They said it was colic wanted to do surgery. But did not have the staff. We took her (Cashmere)

to Texas A&M. When we arrived, they said it was not colic, turned out to be an ulcer. Put her on Ulcer

meds and cleared up. Thank goodness the other Vet did not have the staff. I could not believe they

also sent me a Vet bill of over $1,000.00 for misdiagnose. Funny A&M, their bill was a $1,000.00 as

well. Your filly maybe colic but the Gastroguard won't hurt her. Might help to protect her from getting

Ulcers too.

I am sending lots of prayers for her, she is a pretty filly.

Keep us updated

Vicky

What a beautiful girl, Debra........I'm joining in prayer......

MA

*LOL* Debra, I can see her pulling off the "innocent" look really well.
default_smile.png

I just love her, and can tell how much she means to all of you.

L.

Just sent off a prayer of healing from her angels.

Hugs to you and her,
default_wub.png
:

Bonnie

I'm so sorry to hear about Honey. What vet is taking care of her?? I was going to ask if she was the one that got loose at the photo shoot and then you posted the story. She's such a sweetheart and I know your kids just adore her. I'm praying hard here!

Hi Debra,

So sorry to hear about your mare. I hope and pray she'll make a full recovery quickly. It's horrible when they're ill.

We had out first one in for colic surgery on Tuesday. Miramax blew up and looked gassy on Saturday with a bit of loose manure. Deflated Sunday and looked fine trotting around. Blew up Monday and just got worse by Tuesday a.m. Tubing with oil/pysillium by one vet, on banamine, IV drip, etc. The xrays showed sand in his gut, but he wasn't passing any fecal material all day Tuesday. So he went under the knife Tuesday evening. He had a fecolith along with the sand. Fortunately he's bounced back and has been up, eating, etc. No fever or any indication of a problem - we're just waiting to see if he'll poop on his own! Hopefully he'll be coming home Friday/Saturday if nothing else goes wrong. I think we made the right decision with this one - I hope you do not have to do the same.

Best wishes and prayers for Honey.

Oh, Debra! She's in my thoughts and prayers!!!! I hope this morning brings good news!!!

prayer.gif

I, too, am hoping for some good news this morning!!! Keeping good thoughts for a complete recovery!!!

It sounds like your vets are on top of things. We'll keep praying here for a good outcome. and Michelle, prayers for your little one too!

Charlotte

Still praying for her, Cowboy too, and will add Michelle's Miramax to my prayer list too.

I pray they will all be okay, and keep getting better. Please keep us updated. Its so

scary to have one colic.

Vicky

Sending prayers for a speedy and full recovery for your filly! God bless you all!!

Tammie~

I am so sorry that your wee girl is not well. Praying that she will respond well and recover. The update sounded hopeful!!!

First, I want to say my prayers are with Cowboy and Miramax. I haven't been online much this past week and have missed many of the posts. I hope things continue to improve.
default_smile.png

Re Honey: I just spoke to the vet on the phone and he was very positive. She had a pretty bad night until about midnight but is doing much better this morning. He has a tech that stays onsite through the night and kept an eye on her. She was very alert and up moving around when he came in this morning so he gave her a handful of soaked hay which she gobbled up and some equine senior with metamucil which she didn't like as much.
default_rolleyes.gif
: He then put her out to graze on grass and she passed a huge ball of manure with mucous so he is now saying impaction but feels we are moving in the right direction. Her temp is only slightly elevated, WBC a tad low but still ok. He has hopes she will be able to go home tomorrow. Yeah! And he recommended putting her on a wheat bran mash three times a week thereafter. Whatever it takes! I plan to keep this sweet little girl as long as I am able.
default_wub.png
:

Our original plan was to bring the girls home this week but it was postponed to Sunday because of Honey. Now we have heavy snow in the mountain passes and I would have to cross one pass and travel one hwy at high elevation to get to her (the girls are 4 hours away from me) and they are covered in oodles of snow. The weather will dictate when I can get my hands on her. *sigh*

Latest posts

Back