I am getting soooo EXCITED

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We live about 5-10 min from each other!
default_yes.gif

Oh how wonderful you have someone so close to share your love of minis with!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
That is fantastic!!! I'm still trying to find people out here and so far there is not too many. Especially close like that. There are a couple in Lubbock, which is about 45min to an hour. I would love to find someone about 5 or 10 min away. We could drive together or something.

Ditto a little further out west here Hazel. I think you are the closest to me, that I know of, aside from the 'mini' traders that have unregistered stock. There's a ton of them around.

My closest mini mentor/friend is 80 miles one-way; we try to get together at least once a year. I usually go over to her place late spring, so I can see all the foals; she's due to come here, perhaps this upcoming summer I'll have some foals for her to see.

Part 2. April and James from Porterfield farms in Georgia have allowed me to purchase 2 Falabella mares from them. Delilah and Vernica will be traveling with Son Rise to Texas.
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah I will have a small herd of 100% Falabellas
default_wub.png
:wub . I remember seeing the Regina Winery horses pulling the wagon (in an ad) and thinking, I really want one of those little horses. Now I own a grandson of Chianti's
default_wub.png
:wub plus two more, what can be better? Part 3 coming soon and hopefully with pics

Part 2. April and James from Porterfield farms in Georgia have allowed me to purchase 2 Falabella mares from them. Delilah and Vernica will be traveling with Son Rise to Texas.
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah I will have a small herd of 100% Falabellas
default_wub.png
:wub . I remember seeing the Regina Winery horses pulling the wagon (in an ad) and thinking, I really want one of those little horses. Now I own a grandson of Chianti's
default_wub.png
:wub plus two more, what can be better? Part 3 coming soon and hopefully with pics
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_biggrin.png

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!
default_new_multi.gif
:HappyBounce
default_new_multi.gif
Part 3----- We start building the new barn today. Of Course after lunch
default_new_multi.gif
:HappyBounce
default_new_multi.gif
. I am so excited. All my little chips will have a place when it gets cold this winter.
default_risa8.gif
:BananaHappy
default_risa8.gif
Hubby has has agreed to the way I designed it and picked up the materials yesterday. My new chips will be coming home to a new barn.
default_new_multi.gif
Sorry no pics yet. We will be meeting the transport on the 2nd
default_new_multi.gif
:HappyBounce and picking them up. Thank you everyone on LB that has posted pics of your barns and stalls. I have read & taken a little from each of them and hope I have it planned out to the best
default_new_multi.gif

default_aktion033.gif
:yeah The barn shell is finished. Stalls will be set up by the time we get back. We leave in the morning to go pick up all my new babies.
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah and attend a fun show
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah . Wish us luck. It is suppose to snow here tomorrow night and Friday. Hopeing it doesn't go to Dallas from here.

Congrats! I used to own a black snowcap Chianti II son and he is what got my family interested in and started with the appies. He was a Jandts boy too and very nice for his time-tall, refined, with the best hip any of my stallions have ever had. Still have a daughter of his and she is one of my best broodmares. So i'm a fan!! Make sure you post pictures soon!

Thank you everyone. I've been taking pics as we've worked on the barn
default_yes.gif
and of course I'll be taking pics when we meet Gary and Ruth later tomorrow
default_aktion033.gif
. Lots of pic when we get home
default_aktion033.gif
. Getting ready to leave now. I'll post some if I can figure out how. I'm not very good at it so it takes me a little time to figure it out each time, but I will.

Laura, Thank you. You are the one that helped me to realise my dream to start with. Juan is still my heart horse.
default_wub.png
. We've taken a little break from cart training, but will get back to it soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!! Gary and Ruth let us know they were leaving this morning and on their way to TX to drop off your new ones and pick up my new mare!! YAY!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

Have they arrived yet - I get a bit confused with all the time differences!!

So exciting for you - cant wait for the pictures - of the new barn too.
default_yes.gif

They should be there by now! Gary and Ruth will be picking up my mare in the morning! So where are your pics??
default_yes.gif
default_wink.png

So are you home and too busy with your new additions to post pics? Or are you still on your way?

Everyone traveled very well and we just got home a few minutes ago. Pics tomorrow OK? I need some rest. OMG! so much to tell everyone. Had a great time and we walked off with the show, just about. Promise I'll tell all tomorrow.
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back