I am getting a new stallion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knighthawke

Reaction score
I am so excited. I dont really need another stallion we were trying to cut back but I could not resist taking in the regal older gentleman. I saw an ad from his owner in Florida and I contacted her and she is going to let him spend his senior years with us.

I am hoping to get him back into shape and do some pleasure driving with him, and with our fingers crossed get a few foals from him.

Since he already has two HOF in Performance and one HOF in Halter and he was the Eastern Regional Driving Horse Champion when he was owned by Star Lake Farm in PA

MY friend want me to get him in condition and do some CDE stuff, I just might to give him something to do, that is different.

So we might be making a trip to Fl;orida in April to get Bugle Boy if we cannot arrange transport that is reasonable before the first part of April.

bugle_boy_drive_show1.jpg

bugleboy_champ_pic.JPG

bugle_5.jpg

Very pretty guy!!!!! I really like the last picture of him with the pond behind him. Glad you were able to get him. May you have lots of fun and foals with him.

Congratulations!!! I drove a son of his (sadly, he went over 34") for a time and loved him. He was an AWESOME mover with a very good mind.

What was the horses name. And do you have any photos?

Barb

I am trying to get photos of all of his offspring.

You're gonna LOVE HIM!!!!! We go to Cathy's before regionals and he taught my then, 12 yo daughter some fun driving! He is a dream boy to deal with! You'll never regret this!

The picture of Bugle Boy that is by the pond is from Star Lake's Farm. We were at various shows with Cathy Waxler and Jillian when they showed him, he is a nice boy and very impressive. Maggie Kalenek from Mini Ridge Farm took the picture of Bugle boy as well, she does equine photography and has a studio.

Congratulations on your new stallion, you will love him I am sure.
default_smile.png

What was the horses name. And do you have any photos?Barb

I am trying to get photos of all of his offspring.
If you are referring to my post, I honestly don't remember what his registered name was, as he belonged to a friend, but I "borrowed" him for awhile. I just know we called him Handy and he was a silver buckskin. I think he may have gone to California or something? I don't remember for sure, it was quite some time ago. He was marked a lot like Bugle Boy.

I remember him. He has always been handsome! I have admired him. Congratulations. I think too often we count the older ones out, looking at younger ones. The older ones are wiser and more experienced and still make some beautiful babies.

Robin

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to you! Sounds like a fun trip to Fl is in the works...ps..this is Peep and Pip's mom

Congrats on Bugle Boy. I remember what nice boy he was when Cathy was showing him and remember seeing him run free in a paddock when we visited Cathy a number of years ago.

Glad he'll spend his senior years with you. Enjoy.

If you have time when you come to FL, come visit.

Barbie

Congrats on Bugle Boy!!! I have had the pleasure of driving him while learning to drive myself recently with Karen and oh my what a difference to go from the others to Bugle Boy!!! What a well behaved, steady gate, smooth ride he will give you!!! ENJOY....you are going to LOVE him!
default_wub.png

Back