I am back to the original stallion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoey829

Reaction score
I found a stallion I really liked and the lady LOWERED the price if I buy him before spring. I have the cash and all. A couple concerens

He hasnt had many foals

The lady said she wants color and he is very colorful (so why is she selling him?) She said she was selling him because she has too many stallions

No show record at all

She lowered the price but I dont know if it is a fair price. I need opinions (it is the same horse I PM others a few months ago).

The Greencastle sale is coming in May, do I wait and chance it????

PS If you forget the stallion I can PM you and when I get home I can send you a pic. I would love more critique

Last edited by a moderator:
You can send me a pic and info if you'd like, I'd be happy to help you with your decision!
default_yes.gif

Thanks. When I get home I will send pics. Thanks so much. I cnat wait!!

It seems like you have a few concerns with him and may not be the perfect stallion you're looking for. I would chance it and go to the sale and see what they have offered. It also doesn't sound like she's dealing much with you and you might be getting the raw end of the deal. I would shop around. If you're not in a desparate need for a stallion, just wait. Then if you don't find anything at the sale, she might still have this stallion and you can go for it. But its a chance.
default_yes.gif

I've always been of the opinion that if it is meant to be, it will be. I would wait for the sale. Mainly because you are having doubts. If you were meant to have that stallion, you will not get another at the sale and he will still be available. If not, there are thousands of really nice stallions in the states and I am sure you will find one that fits your needs and budget. the only drawback is that you may have to wait a bit and you may not get your mares in foal this spring, but, to me, there are worse things. Like haveing a stallion you aren't in love with.

Angie

I found a stallion I really liked and the lady LOWERED the price if I buy him before spring. I have the cash and all. A couple concerens

He hasnt had many foals

The lady said she wants color and he is very colorful (so why is she selling him?) She said she was selling him because she has too many stallions

No show record at all

She lowered the price but I dont know if it is a fair price. I need opinions (it is the same horse I PM others a few months ago).

The Greencastle sale is coming in May, do I wait and chance it????

PS If you forget the stallion I can PM you and when I get home I can send you a pic. I would love more critique
Regarding your concerns:

He hasn't had many foals.
Is he young? Has he been exposed to many mares? Does the owner have other stallions they are using?
Maybe he is not the color she is wanting (Red/Black Pinto/App., etc). Maybe she is wanting a homozygous and he is not. How many other stallions does she have and what is the ratio of stallions/mares?
No show record at all
Again, how old is he? Has the owner shown her other horses? Are you interested/able to show yourself. A successful show record will increase his value.
She lowered the price but I dont know if it is a fair price.
Check out other ads and webpages. There should be lots of comparisons.
All of these are legitimate concerns and only you can make the final decision if he is right for you.

You can email info to me as well if you like.

If she wants 'color', this tells me that though he may be loud colored, he is not passing that on....

Nothing is worse than getting a boy you aren't completely happy with or you see faults with after you buy. Then it comes down to doing the right thing and gelding him or having the attitude of well he doesn't work for me but maybe he will fit better into so and so's program.

It is JUST MY OPINION, but I would wait until I found a stallion I LOVED, not just liked, and just save my pennies in the meantime. I have a stallion I love, I traveled 10 hours one way in January last year, to get him. He is not only all I have hoped, but then some.

If I did not find what I was looking for, I was okay with that. I did not have any need that I had to fulfill, to have my mares bred. I also felt that I have enough money and love in my mares that they deserved to be bred to a quality boy, when I did/do decide to breed them.

Unless you really LOVE this stallion/colt, ask yourself if it is worth putting him out there to procreate with your girls? It sounds like you have some legit questions you are milling over.

default_smile.png

Sorry, I didn't realize I logged on as an old account. Anyhow, here he is watcheye.

When he was a bit younger, then a more current photo.

For me it was worth traveling to get him. He has a great personality, he still loves to show, and is gentle enough for my kids to drive and handle. He is my Buck Echo son, Little Kings Echo Omega, I am greatful that Lee and Cathy trusted him in my hands. He has been shown and well loved by his previous owners, and it shows!

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/miniaddict/tn-1.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/min...ct/dsc00152.jpg

Wow he is nice looking!!!

I am going to see this stallion. He is 12 yrs old. I am just nervous. I think his pics are nice but it is so hard to tell. Thanks so much

That is deffinately the best thing you can do! Cathy was pretty determined to have me come see Omega in person, and as I said I couldn't be happier with him.

Thanks for the compliment.

I hope you find one you LOVE, you know it when you see it. You just stand back and say WOW.

Carolyn

From the seller's point of view, it would be greatly appreciated if you would e-mail them and tell them that you have decided to wait. It's very frustrating to have worked closely with a buyer, only to have all contact broken. It's only polite to let them know he's not exactly what you are looking for.

I very recently inquired on a colt, and the seller and I were communicating. The seller very honestly told me he is going through a bit of the yearling "Uglies", and advised that I wait before committing. I was VERY impressed with that.

It's nice to know what's going on on both sides of the transaction.

That's a great shot on the young lady in the cart!

Latest posts

Back