Hyperbike

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KySwtHrt

Reaction score
I have never heard of a hyperbike!! You can tell I don't get out much!!
default_unsure.png

What is it and what do you do with it? Anybody got pics??

Natasha

I have owned a Hyperbike by Graham Carriage Works since 1999. I LOVE it, and would love to add a second one. These are comfortable, fun, and safe rigs.

Robert Graham, the creator, is always looking to improve and custom-fit the 'bikes so that his customers are happy and the horses are, too.

It's a very lightweight sulky-type vehicle that puts you very close to your horse, without adding very much more in the way of weight or bulk, so that you get a more pure experience when out driving.

It's ALMOST like being able to ride a mini.

If you know someone near you that has one, I recommend taking a test drive....

Liz

I looked at them and they are probably great for a lot of people, but I don't think my old legs would allow me to ride on one for very long. Or if I did, I probably wouldn't be able to walk after. Not to mention getting this big old butt up on there behind the horse.

Yes, they do require some flexibility to get into but they sure are fun. Kody LOVES his and we use it for trail driving, combined driving marathons, and as of Saturday night for public demonstrations on how to harness.
default_biggrin.png
For lack of any of the funner pictures from this year, here's one of us at the beach in September '07.

KodyBeach.jpg

Leia

I want one of these so bad I can hardly stand it.

I too want one of those but I'd like to see one in person before I got one and no one seems to have them near where I live
default_no.gif

Is it really comfortable with your legs like that????? Boy, I'd have to start doing yoga in order to drive one of those!
default_wacko.png
Hahahaa! It does look neat though. What do they run as far as prices go???
default_smile.png

That is a really awesome little cart! I've never seen one before but it looks like a lot of fun to use.
default_biggrin.png

I want one of these so bad I can hardly stand it.
*chants/whispers* Buy it, buy it, buy it.....

I too want one of those but I'd like to see one in person before I got one and no one seems to have them near where I live
default_no.gif
Well, where do you live? Bob (the manufacturer) would know if he's sold one to your area.

Is it really comfortable with your legs like that????? Boy, I'd have to start doing yoga in order to drive one of those!
default_wacko.png
Hahahaa! It does look neat though. What do they run as far as prices go???
default_smile.png
I'll admit I get pretty stiff the first few drives of the year but you get used to it! And the seat is much more comfy than your typical cart with plenty of back support so there's definitely perks. Bob had to raise his prices for the first time in years and years recently so I'm not sure what the new price is. He puts a LOT of engineering into those carts and really stands behind his products with incredible customer service so if something should ever break, rest assured it will be fixed.

Leia

I live in New Hampshire, I did see some people using them in one of the local horse papers so I should try calling them to see if they like them and maybe they would let me see one in action
default_smile.png

Looks like Kody's is modified with a seat, or did they do that at Graham's?

That's the current standard Hyperbike...the website is being updated, as it shows the old style seat.

I'm DYING for one too! Thought I had on waiting in the wings but missed it! Anyone have one in the Northeast they want to sell??????

dru

Thanks Guys!! Looks very interesting, never seen anything like it!! Looks a little scary!
default_unsure.png

Natasha

They are not scary at all. They feel very secure, on the contrary.

I have only once had an "over" incident with one, and the horse pretty much flipped over backward on me (young stallion pitching a fit over being left behind).

I curled up my knees and neatly laid him aside, after which we got up (he was still securely harnessed and in the shafts) and trotted off. Taught HIM not to pull that trick again.

I guess that to me illustrated the worst case scenario, and it really wasn't frightening at all. The strength is such that nothing broke even under that unusual load (we've had tires up on curbs, tires driving up the sides of hills/walls/fences and never come close to turning over), and the horse was just fine, so I figured the best thing to do was move forward!

I wish you were closer, as I am all about sharing the Hyperbike with anyone that wants to try before they buy. I have never found anyone that didn't like it, though they do have physical limitations, I even have a friend that has had one modified for her disability (she uses a wheelchair, normally, and her Hyperbike seat swivels).

As to discomfort, I don't find it at all uncomfortable. I used mine for hours on end while I was 8 months pregnant and had no back pain, no leg pain, etc. I guess THAT was my worst case scenario on THAT aspect. *LOL*

Here's a photo of my Hyperbike, hitched to my little gelding's grandpa, Trigger (Cherry Bomb's daddy for those of you that have met or know her):

trigslougha.jpg

I was pregnant with my second son in this picture. My cart is also featured on the current website near the bottom of the pictures showing the wheels being taken off and on. I have other pics around here, but will have to look them up. Mine is the older style with the smaller seat and I love it a lot, but the new ones are really comfortable, too!

Liz

Back