Hyperbike Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WashingtonCowgirl

Reaction score
I really want a hyperbike for Spanky, but since he is so green is it a good idea to start him out with one (as opposed to an EE cart)? Honestly I don't think it would phase him, nothing has so far, but I just want to be sure
default_smile.png

Michelle, I tend to be extremely conservative when it comes to driving training, so take my comments with that in mind.

After meeting Spanky, he is indeed an amazingly laid-back stallion, and you're doing great with him. In time, he will be wonderful in the HyperBike, but it is not designed for a green horse. For one, you need to have a solid whoa on him first, and that's a bit much to expect from a new driving horse. When I started Mingus with the EE, we still flew around our corral/workspace in the beginning, and it was nice to have a slightly heavier cart to help steady him.

A quality EE holds its value and will sell pretty quickly, so you could buy a good used cart to train in, get a few miles on Spanky, then sell it when you buy your HyperBike.

That was sort of my thinking as well
default_smile.png
I just love that they break down so small, as you probably noticed it can get sort of crowded in my car lol!

I'm probably moving him next month to a different boarding place that has a large indoor arena as well as lots of driving trails so I won't have to haul him anywhere to drive anytime soon. Where he is now I would have to haul him to drive him as there aren't any safe roads nearby.

Sounds like where we live -- all of our surrounding roads are narrow, twisty mountain roads with no shoulder, and people drive at breakneck speeds in their F150s. That means we either drive on our gravel road or haul out to the trails. Our favorite trail is very close, but we still need to set up the van and load. Your new boarding stable sounds great -- it's so much better to have direct access to the trails.

With our old Ford Windstar, we would carry the EE cart on the roof rack, rolling it up the hood and windshield, then attaching it securely to the rack. You have to be extremely careful to make certain it is secure, but it can work.

Yea that is what we have as well. That was the nice thing about where we lived before is we were JUST outside of town and the only dangerous area was a 20ish foot stretch of road between our driveway and the back road through town.

This new boarding place sits on about 100 acres, so I'm hoping lots of trails
default_smile.png

I've thought about trading my car in for the wagon version of the same car. It wouldn't give me a ton of extra room, but any little bit helps. I have a truck, but no trailer and the truck is currently broken down. I'd like to have something that I can haul the four of us (Spanky, the dogs, and I) plus cart and camping stuff more comfortably by next summer lol

My aerocrown fits nicely in my honda pilot with the shafts off. I still have the hyperbike dream but my guy didn't have a solid enough stand and combined with my lack of limberness due to an old riding wreck I went with the aerocrown..but I have bobs hyperbike photos saved as a favorite and I still oogle them every now and again and Bob lets me be a member of his hyperbike fan club...someday maybe I will visit my hyperboke dream... hyperbike sounds like such a blast...those that have them..love them...call Bob..great guy..he is very honest on his opinion to whether a hyperbike is for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back