Husbands, Lets show appreciation

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riverrose28

Reaction score
I love my hubby for many reasons, but without him, my farm would not be. He has installed all fencing, built all three of our barns, including the indoor, installed stalls, electric. Built all of our runin sheds, unloads hay, grain and trims hooves. He buys whatever and never complains about all of the work. Right now he is replaceing an outsid stall door for my broodmare becuase the old one was rotting and I was afraid the new born would get a hoof stuck underneath. He hangs the cameras, helps my get the reception just right, and helps with foaling. He drives me to shows when the the distance is long and helps where ever, when ever he can. I'm just watching him right now work his heart out to make sure this door is perfect, it fills my heart with such appreciation.

I'm sure you all have that someone as well. Show your appreciation please, right here so we can share.

I love my hubby more then words could ever say! I can not imagine my life without him. He does everything around here - helps feed the furkids, does repairs, builds things everytime I get a crazy idea, and works hard at a job so that if I didn't want to work, I wouldn't have to. He also brings me flowers, and tells me he loves me all the time. Not to mention he puts up with my mom too. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooooo...I can't wait to get the laptop into town so that I can upload pics!

For now, let me say my husband has been a blessing from God. He's given me advise on how to rebuild my relationship with my children. He's completely cleared our property (by hand!) of kudzu, re-hung the fences that I didn't have tight enough, encouraged me to pursue my horse dream--even though it's completely beyond his understanding why--been supportive of my learning to love myself as I am, and been an every-day walking example of living in Faith.

I've been MORE than blessed to be given my husband late in life and after more than one failed marriage. I hope every woman gets to experience a relationship like mine during her lifetime...Julie

Love this thread! My hubby is an amazing husband and father. I am so blessed! He is always willing to step in and help. Even though the horses aren't "his thing" he is always there to help with the heavy lifting - building fences, making barn repairs, stacking hay. He is a great "horse show" Dad and helps with clipping when needed. He is always there to support his girls as they show and makes an awesome groom!

He is a great man of faith - and lives his life as an example to our daughters. He is an awesome teacher and coach and many parents and students have told me what a huge impact he has had on their child's/their life.

He also loves to cook - you've gotta love a man who loves to cook and does a great job!

Again, I am very blessed!

Barbara

Forget all the brute labor my non-horse-loving husband has done. And there's been plenty.

When he walks out there and says 'hello sweet-ums' to our girls and they follow him around like pied-pipers, my heart just melts. ...and he thought he wanted a German Shepherd.

Im with you all on this one..Im also very lucky to have a hubby that goes way beond all expectations..hes very supportive of my hobby and if im late back all the ponies are fed and tucked up safely for the night..he never moans about the muddy boots or hay in his car and we havnt had a proper holiday for i dont know how long..this year however Iv booked us a suprise holiday in Mauritius as its our 25 anniversary..it will be so nice for the 2 of us to enjoys eachothers company in the sun instead of fixing some fence or stacking some bales..heres to all the great husbands out there
default_thumbup.gif
thanks for all you do

Harvey has been my life partner and eventually my husband for 27 years. If you all have been following the math, that probably means my parents let me start dating as an infant.

I don't know what I'd do without him!!! We argue fiercely sometimes, but it never lasts long. I am just so bossy, it's ridiculous at times. H is pretty laid back. We are in so many ways opposite.

One BIG thing we share in common is a love of animals. We both love our dogs like children, and we love our horses. We have our own favorites, some of which we share in common.

H does most of the hard / heavy horse work. There is no way "I" could have this many horses without him. I couldn't do it all, no way!

My favorite thing in the world is spending time together.

He gives me the sweetest cards and little gifts. Puts extra covers on me at night. Works so hard every day. I am so thankful to have him as my husband and partner!!!

I’m the “uptight one.” In between the work, husband plays. While he plays, I analyze ten billion permutations of how play could negatively affect proper horse care. But I don’t want to discourage him too much, because after all, we’re not show-horse people; the horses have no particular function in life; we got our horses to enjoy them. Plus I don’t want to discourage my labor force ‘cause he might lose interest.

Day before yesterday, we had our first snow of the season (and maybe the last.) Some of the snow stuck. So he started talking about making snow angels. Ms. Uptight (me) responds with there’s not enough snow, and I set off on a long boring analysis of precipitation via snowfall. Meanwhile he’s taking off for the pasture as I’m hollering at deaf ears: Don’t you run with them; they’ll slip and break a leg. So he came back and promised to just feed them and not run and play. I hovered on the porch until I heard his Julia Child impersonation out there in the barn while he dispensed food. Then I went inside.

He was gone for a long time, so I went out on the porch for a look-see. You know, he’s old enough where you’d think he wouldn’t act like this, but there he is rolling around on the ground (as I’m wondering whether he’s getting horse poop on his jacket/pants and whether it’ll end up on my couch.) As I watched, the mare came up, sniffed the spot husband just vacated, and she took a rolly-roll. Then Baby sniffed and took a little rolly-roll. Then husband ran to another spot and rolly-rolled, followed by mare and Baby, rolly-rolling. Then the horses went for a run, while husband as promised only walked and then squatted down to watch them. Baby came up behind him, set a leg on each of his shoulders and started trying to eat his hat. Husband flopped down on his back while Baby gave him little, snotty baby kisses. The mare hovered over his face, sniffing. [The mare who ripped a hole in my cheekbone 1 hour after giving birth (3 stitches) and a week later struck fast and ripped a chunk out of his lip.] So some of what the husband does might not be good animal training practices, but I sure do love him for hanging in there with me.

As I am reading this hubby is running out side for the afternoon feeding with the animals. That was right after he put our 2 yr old now for a nap because he saw me reading the posts here and wanted me to just "relax and enjoy." So yes ladies I agree if you have the special type of hubby you are truely blessed. This marriage was not my first rodeo but it will be my last because no one could ever love and care for me unconditionally like him.

well, nice to be able to tell how much I appreciate my better half.

We have been married 36 years.

and we both enjoy our miniature horses, we have learned to depend on each other.

He has some disability nows, but enjoys having something to do, he enjoys his time feeding the minis.

The winter I do not go out as much, but when spring comes I am out there a lot

He used to be able to get them shaved for our shows, but now it is up to me.

Would not have it any other way..
default_firstprize.gif

I love my hubby for many reasons, but without him, my farm would not be. He has installed all fencing, built all three of our barns, including the indoor, installed stalls, electric. Built all of our runin sheds, unloads hay, grain and trims hooves. He buys whatever and never complains about all of the work. Right now he is replaceing an outsid stall door for my broodmare becuase the old one was rotting and I was afraid the new born would get a hoof stuck underneath. He hangs the cameras, helps my get the reception just right, and helps with foaling. He drives me to shows when the the distance is long and helps where ever, when ever he can. I'm just watching him right now work his heart out to make sure this door is perfect, it fills my heart with such appreciation.

I'm sure you all have that someone as well. Show your appreciation please, right here so we can share.
My Husband is the same way. Is great to see, others have wonderful husbands too!

My bf and I have been together for 5 years now. At first he was anti horse, would never date someone that had them and wanted nothing to do with them at the time or in the future...poor man, fell in love with a horse girl ;-)....we've already discussed no business in the horses, if I were to re-open for boarding or try and make a business of it it would be over...however, over the yrs hes learned to deal with my love of horses and will accept a few as pets (his favorite are the goats though lol)...most people would say thats not fair for him to stop you in trying to make a career of it et...but in my mind, its huge that he stuck around and has even agreed to having them in the backyard. At one time in the beginning of our relationship when he was boardering on accepting the fact that horses were part of my life, he had a spot planned out 1 mile away from our house in the woods for them! LOL...rediculous. He finally moved the idea up close to the house and now a days he talks about building the barn for me, making plans for it and everything, the positive changes in him, although slow are adorable and very cute. He also helped me burry a beloved horse 2 yrs ago and helps with hay in the summer and did feedings when my dad was ill. He's planning to help us remove the manure this Spring, a job dad normally does, but he passed away (RIP Dad, miss you everyday <3)...he just suprises me! I guess hes finally realized this is what you do when you find true love and a real best friend. Im so blessed <3 ...

Back