Hurricane Rita

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
unsure.gif
ALL I can say is God's speed to you all and we in NOrthern Michigan will be praying, watching and hoping for you all to be safe and well..

Carl and Maxine

Okay, another update. We have no place to go. They are saying that the smart thing to do is to leave, and my dad says he isn't going! My moom and I have been searching the internet for ANY hotel that will take us. The only thing is, I have to bring my dog, and pretty much every hotel is booked!! I am starting to get scared here...Thanks for all the prayers! It means so much.

**sigh** What a great way I am going to spend my birthday tomarrow!
rolleyes.gif
unsure.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Breanne,

That is too wierd....your birthday is tomorrow? The one and only "official" hurricaine that hit Oregon did it the day before MY birthday.....(I won't tell you how many years ago.)

Hang in there, Sweetie. We hunkered down and we made it and you will too.

MA

Extra prayers now that the storm is closer. It sounds very bad. Please God, watch over everyone in Rita's path.
pray.gif

Miniv said:
Breanne,
That is too wierd....your birthday is tomorrow?  The one and only "official" hurricaine that hit Oregon did it the day before MY birthday.....(I won't tell you how many years ago.) 

Hang in there, Sweetie.  We hunkered down and we made it and you will too.

MA

471327[/snapback]

Yup, its today! Strange, huh?

Wishing I could teleport you all to Kentucky!!

We are too far away to help you with places to stay -- but we WOULD if could get here.

Hugs and Prayers for your safety

JJay

Wish you could all make it to Wisconsin! i know we all would put you up so you would not have to go thru the storm! we have some terrific mini people here in wisconsin that will always help out (and everywhere in the country---mini people are terrific!)!

take care everyone and be safe! jennifer
saludando.gif

well nother update on me

we r staying but if power is out for more than 2 days we r going to montana. today we went and passed out ice water to the stranded people and met a woman who had traveled 4 20 hrs and saw a german shepard mix that my dad wouldnt let us take home 4 2 days(breanna does trixie want a play mate her size?)

I hope you all stay safe, we will be thinking of you, I do know what you are going through- I slept through our only hurricane and that was only 110 mph winds. I am now TERRIFIED of high winds so I must have taken it in on some level. I actually got a friend to go look at the horses I was too scared. Apart form losing all the barn roof everything was fine. Wish everyone had been as lucky. There is no way I would leave the dog- pity you did not send him with the horses. I'm so glad you had the foresight to get him out, it's one worry off your mind. All of us that sleep safe over the next few days will hold you close in our hearts and our prayers- I shall get my dogs to think of yours, spoiled brats that they are.

Update:

Well, Alyx, my parents say 1 dog is enough. They also have something against mutts..

We are staying. It is supposed to be a cat. 4 once it gets here, and the eye is starting to cave in. We are not getting the "dirty" part anymore! The wind is already picking up.. I have already taken my shower, and gave my dog a bath! Everyone else in my family is waiting to take a shower later.. We have all the small windows taped up, and the main ones boarded. We have 75 water bottles, 25 gatorades, countless sodas, lots of ice, and FOOD! So we are prepared!

I will try to get pictures up soon.. After it hits, I will be sure to also get pictures of any damage!

Thanks for the prayers.
saludando.gif

2 pictures..

Current Condition:

Starting to get windy

2:16 PM

Image032.jpg

And just for fun, my puppy waiting to go inside!
wub.gif

Image033.jpg

OKay, I wll be getting off soon, as the wind is at 35 mph, and we already have had 2 power surges. I have no clue when I will be back on, but expect me to be back soon. Please continue to pray for me, and everyone in Rita's path!
yes.gif

Edited for grammar.

Thinking and praying for all of you where the hurricane is coming in..

God bless and take care!

Latest posts

Back