Hurricane Rita

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_minihorses4ever_

Reaction score
Yes, I am directly in its path.
rolleyes.gif
It is due to hit here early Saturday morning!! So y'all will probably not here from me for a bit.. Please pray for me, and everyone in its path!

[SIZE=14pt]UPDATE*****************[/SIZE]

My mom is now considering evacuating, I think she has finally come to her senses! Thank god ALL the horses at my barn are leaving, I am helping load them all up tonight! I don't know how long I will be able to last without seeing Willie, but I would rather him be safe abd sound! Thanks, please keep the prayers coming!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm here with ya! Going to start preps in the morning. Put all the patio furniture away, anything that can fly in the wind. Gonna hunker down all the horses on Friday just so we will be ready.

Planning to go tomorrow, for water and batteries, even tho I am not near the coast, we get some big winds around here, and the power and phone go out alot here in the country.

Be Careful!
please.gif

How far are you both from Galv. Texas. If you are around 50 to 100 miles from their you are still in jeapordy. The gas situation is a problem. If you have a genarator to run stock up on fuel. This was one of the biggest problem here. Everything will shut down stores oil wells, and be in short demand. Stock up on hay and feed if possible. First aide kit for horses & human. Water if you don't have a genarator,

Hope you both will be safe.

If I can do anything let me know.

Joyce of Sunseri Farms

whiskeyranch said:
I'm here with ya! Going to start preps in the morning. Put all the patio furniture away, anything that can fly in the wind. Gonna hunker down all the horses on Friday just so we will be ready.Planning to go tomorrow, for water and batteries, even tho I am not near the coast, we get some big winds around here, and the power and phone go out alot here in the country.

Be Careful!
please.gif

470402[/snapback]

I am right at the 100 mile mark. The weatherman around here is saying the storm should curl up our way so we are expecting big rain and lots of wind.

I've got 45 round bales of hay and am hoping my hubby can fly home for a few days to be with us till this blows over.

Besides all of the obvious things mentioned, I will be bringing in the chain saw in case of fallen trees. Everytime we have a storm there seem to be trees covering the road.

Everyone stay safe.

I will be thinking of all of you. I see now Rita is a cat. 3 !

I have a few cousins in Houston, church Pastor, and I also am concerned about that Minnesota "boy" and family going through such a bad Hurricane. He, however, has the option of leaving for awhile. Our poor little critters don't (usually) so their people don't have the option of leaving them. There is not much chance that I would.

Again, I will be thinking of all of you in harms way...alot.

She's just moved up to a Cat. 4, and they say she will very likely make a 5 by tomorrow at this time.

I know horse people in the Houston & Cypress areas, and they are packing up & getting out. One girl has first hand stories from her grandfather, who lived through the hurricane that wiped out Galveston in 1900. Pretty grim.

If you're going to stay anywhere in her path, my prayers for you!

I'm here in SE Texas... about 30 min or so from the coast and not far from the Louisiana border... We're still watching and waiting to see for sure what we are gonna do...we already have places set up to go if we see we need to. We bought extra feed and hay and filled up the truck and have the trailer loaded ready to go. Gonna go stock up on our stuff (water and such) today.

Chris

A fellow on Larry's Astronomy Chat Forum reccommended making sure you had plenty of CASH if you were staying behind in a hurricaine. (He was in Katrina as a military police officer.) He pointed out that it may take some time to get electricity back up, so bank ATM's and computers would be down and would not be open.

Prayers going out to everyone in Rita's path.

MA

I'm about 180 miles N of Galveston, have Mom ( from houston area) and her neighbors family coming up to stay, also have a few horses from another friend on their way here. I made another thread about an evac place if people need it for their horses.

Hopefully we wont get more than some stiff winds and rain ( can use that LOL) been checking to make sure I have everything that I need secured, done.

Hope everyone that stays put, stays safe. Heather

I am on the outskirts of houston.. I am very worried now! My mom says we are staying, and playing out a cat. 5 hurricane
rolleyes.gif
.Today they announced during 5th period at school that we have tomarrow and friday off!, Of course, everyone went wild (even our teacher was dancing
biggrin.gif
!) But, then it hit me, the reason we have two extra days is because of the severity of the storm
unsure.gif

Thanks for all the prayers, ya'll are too kind! I really appreicate it, I knew y'all would be here for us!
saludando.gif

well i live i the area minihorses4ever does so im stuck... we r supposed to get the eye of the storm. me might be evacuating, so far mom says no dad says yes so depends
no.gif
if we do we r leaving my dog behind.....
no.gif
no.gif
no.gif
no.gif

thanks 4 all the good lucks

That has to be a very scarey ordeal! My heart goes out to all of you and yours. Please do not leave the pooch!

Lots of prayers being sent.

Fran

kiddoroxs22 said:
well i live i the area minihorses4ever does so im stuck... we r supposed to get the eye of the storm. me might be evacuating, so far mom says no dad says yes so depends
no.gif
if we do we r leaving my dog behind.....
no.gif

no.gif

no.gif

no.gif
thanks 4 all the good lucks

471036[/snapback]

Alyx,

If you do evacuate.....have a temper tantrum over your dog. Do NOT leave your fellow behind! You may never see him again. (Sorry for overruling your dad. But IMO, our domestic pets count as part of the family.)

Remind your dad that in the last storm lots of animals died. Many others are now in shelters and their owners don't know where they are!

MA

Alyx:

We have a huge, furry St. Bernard and you could bet your bottom dollar that heavy breathing creature would be one of the first things packed if we evacuated!

You tell your daddy that a crazy old woman from the Northwoods of Wisconsin thinks he should RETHINK HIS PLAN TO LEAVE YOUR DOG BEHIND.

If that doesn't help....tantrums always work. If that fails, then take some crazy glue and attach your dog to your body....he just might get your point!

God bless, stay safe!

Cindy

saludando.gif

Dunpainted-

i couldnt really super glue him to my body cause he is a big black lab/rotweiller so he ways more than me even though he is in good shape for his age

throwing a tantrum would get me in big trouble

thanks for the concerns but right now nothing wll change there minds.

if we do evacuate we r taking our cockroaches that weve had for like 2 months but not out dog of 9 yrs. im p.oed at my parents right now

forgot my update

UPDATE***********************

we r so far staying and if we get 4 or more inchen of rain, we r having 7 extra people and one of them is preg. i will sleep in the study then, and the dog will be laying down with me so if he dies, i Die
no.gif
smile.gif
no.gif
sad.gif
smile.gif
no.gif
sad.gif
smile.gif

I'm afraid for everyone! They now say it's a cat 5 at 175 mph.
new_shocked.gif

Prayers for everyone!
pray.gif

Latest posts

Back