human babies - not among my favorite things

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mind babies. I think they're cute, but I'm more than happy to say hello and then give them back to their parents. Never had a desire for kids. It's a bit of an issue with my partner and I; he's always wanted a kid/kids (to pass the farm on to etc.). Lots of issues that I won't get into on here, but suffice it to say...I really don't want kids...lol. He's even tried to entice me by saying we could get a full-time nanny :/. IF we had a child I wouldn't want a nanny raising him/her full-time (just some of the time lol).

I think some babies are absolutely adorable, but I'm OK with them now that I can hold them for a little bit and then hand them back to their parents. I was the oldest of 6 with almost 18 years between me and the youngest. I remember exactly what one goes through caring for them. My favorite ages are 2-6 years because they say such funny things. I will agree, human babies are so not cute compared to other animal babies.

I love toddlers -- watching and hearing them discover the world and begin to commumnicate is amazing -- but babies not so much. Once they're past the toddler stage it all depends upon the individual. Some kids I love, others not.

The biggest problem I have is the expectation that all women are supposed to start letting down milk at the sight of a baby -- or at least begin cooing. I appreciate that others adore babies, and I would appreciate if they understood that not everyone does.

I just went to my niece's baby shower, where they played one of those insipid shower games -- feel the bags distributed around the room and identify what baby accessory is inside. I didn't recognize anything but a binkie, so on my list for every item I just wrote: PONY. I know my SIL was horrified...

Back