human babies - not among my favorite things

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bevann

Reaction score
Anybody else who does not get all crazy about human babies?My friend has a new grandaughter and was showing me all the photos taken by parents.It was like watching an old time movie frame by frame-every minute or 2 of baby's progression.Didn't do much for me.I LOVE puppies,foals and most other baby animals.I LOVE kids, but like them when they walk, talk and are housebroken.I always made the comment that anything that can cry,throw up on you, and mess in its pants at the same time is something to stay far away from. I have 2 children and cried lots when I found out I was pregnant and so glad when they grew out of the baby stage.They were so much more interesting when they got to be about 3 years old.Still don't like babies and don't think I ever will.Am I the only one or are there others out there also?

Hehe. I could look at 900 pictures of your animal baby, but after 2 of a human one......Im planning ways to escape the torture in my head. Do I have kids? No. Do I hate kids? No. I love my nieces and nephews. Just think that babies are....not for me. So no, you are not alone!
default_smile.png

Nope, not alone. I don't care for babies, either. I love my niece and nephew, but I don't think I held either when they were babies. I also don't care for people trying to hand their baby off to me; sorry, I don't want to hold them. [i did get stuck once holding a baby, the mother just handed her to me; luckily, another gal took her off my hands quickly (someone that was ga-ga for babies).] I prefer kids once they are mobile, and even then its iffy.

Nope, babies are repulsive. I've got twin toddlers, and "even when they were my own" I still thought they weren't that cute. SO glad they are little "people" now at age two!!!! Way cuter and a lot more fun.

So glad to hear that I'm not alone in this - thought I was the only one who found it difficult to 'bill and coo' over babies! I do try to be polite when others are obviously soooooooooooooo excited, but those continuous pictures ............................................. ugh!

I am the same way....my niece just had a baby and I enjoyed the photos via text, but was glad I am 800 miles away. Now when he gets a little older, I will find him much more interesting. She did send me a picture right after...he was still wet and all wrinkly and nasty....my first comment was to my husband...oh my, he is underdone....put him back in for a while! It's been over a week now, and he looks much better...lol.

I am so NOT a baby person. I never wanted a baby of my own, never had a baby of my own, and I have no interest in holding anyone else`s baby. I will look at baby pictures if I must, just to be polite, but really I would prefer not to.

Four footed babies, that`s another matter. Those I can honestly say are cute.

Nice to hear that I'm not weird(at least in that way)some of my family members and friends think I'm the crazy old lady with those dogs and little Ponies.My sons knew how I felt about babies before they had kids.1 grandson form younger and 1 granddaughter from older son.My granddaughter always jokes about the photo of me holding her as a baby with a very weird look on my face.It would be nice to have grandkids without having kids.I too have been stuck holding a baby that I din't want to be near.I remember having folks come to look at the Minis and the woman just shoved the baby in my arms and went over to the mare.Bad thing was they didn't buy a Mini, but I think I would not have sold 1 to them anyway based on their behavior and behavior of there other kids.Love hearing the stories. I have said many times that babies are a side effect of sex and I know that all good things have some bad side effects.

I did not like Babies or kids,,,,until I had my own son. Love him, had no issues caring for him at all. Was always a joy to have around.

Other peoples babies or kids... not so much. Unless they are well mannered.

I LOVE babies, but it took having my own to have that sentiment. I was the youngest of 3 siblings and I was intimidated by them. I always wanted two boys, but I still knew nothing about what it took to care for babies. Kid-sitting was ok, but do not expect me to change diapers. The babies knew that I was nervous around them and they were equally uncomfortable with me. I had my trial by fire and now that I'm done having my own babies I occasionally want more. I always felt strongly that life began at conception but I didn't have a true appreciation for the beauty and wonder of babies/children until having my own. Truly, the least are the greatest, and my heart is 100% changed about babies and children.

I work for a daycare/preschool. We do from 3 mons. up to 12 yrs. old...I love working with the 4-5 yr. olds. The other's, well, the babies, I don't want to change diapers, but will if I have to, and the older ones, I get tired of their mouths. People honestly, don't teach their children to show respect to adults anymore. It is sad...I see what our world is going to have, every single day, and it isn't looking very pretty at all. I loved taking care of my own children, but couldn't wait until they could do a lot for themselves and not be totally dependent on me. I didn't realize how many parent's aren't like that and do way too much for their children, for way too long, until I started working at this place over 4 yrs. ago. Parent's are leaving all of that up to us, the teachers and care providers to teach to their children. It is sad, really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto to what Shari said.... I adored my own daughter as a baby, but have always had a hard time dealing with other people's.

And if they aren't well mannered, forget it.

I also SO totally agree with all of youall. I have a child, grown, have 1 grandkid and 2 great grand kids. I don't hold baby people!! Anything animal wise is fine. My mother-in-law (who had 5 boys) just didn't understand me. She would always say "I don't understand how you can love animals and not love human babies." I told her if I needed to go to town, I could lock my animal(s) up and go, can't do that with babies!! Actually, I still prefer my animals to most people.

Pam

I am so NOT a baby person. I never wanted a baby of my own, never had a baby of my own, and I have no interest in holding anyone else`s baby. I will look at baby pictures if I must, just to be polite, but really I would prefer not to.

Four footed babies, that`s another matter. Those I can honestly say are cute.

This is me. My friends laugh at me, I'm so not kid friendly. It's a running joke with us.

Horsefeather I REALLY agree with you.I much prefer my animals over many or most people I know.Dogs especially are unconditional love and they don't care if the house is really dirty so long as Mom is there.I am most content when I'm in my spot with a good book and my dogs on the floor surrounding me.

bevann, Thanks for "saying" this out loud! I was always led to believe I was a bad person for thinking this way!!

minimor and field-of dreams have it spot on for me.

I don't do babies. Or kids under 8.

Reactions: REO
I'll be the dissenting voice.

I LOVE babies. Anyone's baby or little person. Any baby critter.

I can rock a loaf of bread standing in line at the grocery store.

I don't mind caring for them...it's just another part of the process of getting to know the baby.

I've never quite understood people that say they don't like babies or children.

After all we were once each a baby and a small child.......I think we would have felt awful if

people hadn't loved and cared for us.

I, however, am not thrilled by ill mannered, rude children nor adults, for that matter.

Equuisize... I really don't like babies (horses and other precocial baby animals are okay, but altricial animals like humans and puppies are NOT my thing).

However, it's not that my own children weren't 100% loved and cared for.... It's just that I knew I'd love and enjoy them EVEN more as they became little people. And I do
default_smile.png

I just don't think infants are cute or something I want to hold just for the heck of it. I strongly want(ed) to adopt a two year old that needs a family to love versus have an infant of my own. My husband knows he's lucky we had twins, because there's no way I'd do "the infant stage" more than once
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back