How would one go about organizing an ADT

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jegray21

Reaction score
There are so many great facilities in Ga to have an ADT or CDE or miniature horse show...besides Perry Ga! How does that work? Let's say one was very ambitious and wanted to have more driving events for those that live in Ga?

If you have a driving club near to you I would become a member and then enlist their help and support in organizing an event.

If you can get ahold of The Whip magazine (ADS publication) there was a recent article about this, written by a member of the Connecticut Valley Driving Club. Our event is designed for beginners, which is even better! BUt definitely, hook up with a local driving club!! If it is anything like ours, most of the new members have minis.

We are trying to get one going around here. The first thing you need is a suitable location with large enough arena, stalls (if necessary), water, parking, overnight accomodations (if necessary), and horse waiting area/holding pen.

We have started designing hazards in our heads. We found the photos on the Cypress Keep website helpful. Their ADT is in April, maybe you can go watch/participate if you aren't too far from Plant City, FL.

As Lori said, having access to a driving club for help is good. Volunteers will be necessary. As we get going, hopefully we can put together a "how-to" manual for the ADS.

Myrna

Thanks for the info! I will see if I can find the driving club around here..I know there is one...

Back