How to...watch AMHR Nationals on my Ipad

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacki

Reaction score
I'm new to the IPad, how do I watch the AMHR Nationals on it. I've opened my web browser and accessed the Flanders page at http://www.flandersv...m/streaming.asp. In the space I would expect to see the video I see "JW Player goes here", is this something I have to download?

I know it does not start until Thursday but when I open the page on my desktop I do see the box and see them setting center ring, I don't see that on my IPad.

Thanks for the help.

Jacki Loomis

[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't work on iPad or iPhone. During Congress I emailed and asked if there is some program I can download but got no response...I take it that the answer is 'no'. Very disappointing ...I ordered a rocket stick so I could watch on my PC (only have dial up currently) but it is on back order. I won't get to watch Nationals at all.

Well that is disappointing but I do appreciate the answer.

Thanks.

Jacki

There is an app called PHOTON that works with streaming video on my iPad. Try it. Can't test it out yet with the show starting tomorrow, but I got the screen.

Carol

That looks like it might be the thing--let us know if it does work once the show starts -- then I will buy it. No use wasting $3.99 if it doesn't work for Nationals!
default_smile.png

During Congress, I emailed about an iPad app. Did get a response it was not available yet but that it was being worked on for the near future. No mention if it would be done in time for Nationals.

Well, it's up and running for me! It's not a huge screen but it's better than nothing if you want it bad enough. I certainly wish people that didn't know what they were talking about would just say they didn't know the answer. Because as we all know......."There is an app for EVERYTHING"
default_laugh.png
(and that is the truth)

Edited to say.....You might want to look through the apps to see if there are any other ones available for free.

An Answer/Solution - I downloaded the free Puffin app from the App Store and when I open Flanders web site in that Puffin browser I can watch it.

Thanks all.

Jacki Loomis

Minimor, so glad it worked for you too!

Jacki Loomis

Great timing on this thread as I was getting ready to watch. Puffin, here I come.

It's working great for me except for the screen auto dimming.

So glad to have this, something to pass time while I sit with my leg elevated. Broke my right ankle this past Saturday.

I was in north Michigan on vacation with my Aunt. My foot slipped in my sloppy Croc, and I fell. Broke the fibula down by the ankle. So far the bone is in place and as long as it stays that way I won't need surgery. Getting home was quite a production. My Aunt drove me to her place in Ann Arbor in my truck (picture an 81 year old lady who has never driven a truck) and then my roommates came up to drive me home.

This is my right leg which has been a problem for months. I had cellulitis in the spring, a wound since then that refused to heal and this is my replaced knee. We actually went as far as surgically removing the wound a month ago and it did heal for two weeks and then opened again. It's been one misery after another.

I remember your knee replacement but didn't know you were having all these other issues. Not a good summer at all for you--maybe things will improve now. That's a good thing that you didn't need surgery--and hopefully won't need surgery to get this break healed up!

That wound that won't heal sounds nasty--I hope that clears up soon. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Good timing I suppose.--at least you have the Bationals live feed to watch!! Take care.

Thanks. The wound is the dumbest thing, about the size of a nickel and not something you would worry about except that it is next to the replacement scar.

Oh, I also have a shoulder problem, it is starting to freeze.

Latest posts

Back