How to sell & price, Class B mini Blk/wht perfectly marked

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Regina1

Reaction score
I need to know where to advertise and how much to ask for her. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
She was NATIONAL reserve grand champion, or just reserve grand champion at an AMHR sanctioned local level show? Clarifying your details will make better ads and help buyers understand more about her.
But if she was National Reserve Grand, that will up her price quite a bit! Use the Nationals win photo to market her.
Good photos will often sell a horse more than anything else.
As to where to market... That may depend on where you live and how you market her. Lilbeginnings sale board is the best place to start!!!
Couldn't price the horse without seeing her.

How old is she now? I personally don't put much stock into horses that were National Champions when they were babies and 10 years later haven't done anything since. Also if the horse was a big winner in the early to late 90s that doesn't really mean much in today's show world.

You also must take into account her build, her disposition, has she been taught to drive, jump,or is she a perfect fit for a young youth or strictly for an experienced individual? All these things play a huge role in in pricing more so than her markings.

I understand but it has not been that long ago for she is only 4yrs old. She has to die for conformation and just won 2nd place in halter this summer. I do know those horse in the 90's are not like the ones of todays show world. I do appreciate your concern.

How old is she now? I personally don't put much stock into horses that were National Champions when they were babies and 10 years later haven't done anything since. Also if the horse was a big winner in the early to late 90s that doesn't really mean much in today's show world.

You will need good photos--potential buyers will want to see good photos. A second place in an open show halter class doesn't say much, sorry to say. There are horses winning at local shows that would never cut it in bigger competition. To die for conformation doesn't mean much--there was recently a horse advertised--his owned bragged that the horse 'brings judges to their knees' ...which I very much doubt. IMO you are better to leave out the flowery description and let a couple good photos get the message out. No one can suggest an asking price without seeing photos.

Best places to advertise--the LB sale board.

Minimor I very much agree with your statement to leave out the flowery descriptions. It's a big turn off for me when I read an ad with that sentence "To die for". Sounds like a 15 year old kid talking to their friends. There is not a horse out there that I would "die for". Show me a nice picture with a well groomed, well conformed, sound legged horse and it might become "droolworthy" :p Just a plain true description of said horse will get my attention every time.

Like what was said, local show halter winnings don't mean much. It can help to say how many were in the class. Who knows--your horse may have gotten second out of 2 of 2nd out of 200....it makes a big difference.

Have you had other knowledgeable horse people evaluate her conformation? Not saying that you are, but there are a lot of barn blind people out there that think their horse is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but really its just an average mini.

I am not trying to be mean, but I want you to understand the reality of the situation. From the description given I would price the horse at $500- $1,000 and be prepared for lots of low ball responses. Showing it also a good way to advertise. The more people see your horse in action and how great she is they will be more interested in purchasing, just choose your shows strategically.

Latest posts

Back