How to figure size?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ladsmom

Reaction score
Hi I was just wondering how to estimate how tall a weanling will get? Thanks

Hi I was just wondering how to estimate how tall a weanling will get? Thanks
this site might help you
default_saludando.gif

http://www.spotsnstripes.com/MiniatureHors...mationChart.htm

Check out the LB Info Pages! There's so much good information there, including a height prediction chart and some forumulas. Here's the link to the page with height info:

http://www.lilbeginnings.com/info/misc/

Keep in mind, too, some lines are know to mature to their adult height much more quickly than other bloodlines
default_yes.gif

Sorry to hijack here, but what is the earliest any of you have had afoal reach it's mature hieght?

I have a colt that was 21 at birth, he has grown 9-10" in 6 months, He appears to be coming to a slow down, he is starting to get chunky, he now has a chest full of muscle like a little quarter horse. I know his dam grew quick then slowed down. Just curious.

Carolyn

Carolyn, I don't think my stallion, DunIT, has grown much if any since he was 18mos old. He is coming 4yo (a Feb 2005 baby).

Jill, that just may be a BTU thing then, as my three BTU colts have not grown at all since may/june/july of their yearling year (about 15 months or so?). Narko measured 32.5 in early june as a yearling, if you put a stick of him today he would be 32.5 on the dot. Stetson has been 33" since june..

Flyte, however, may be the acception....he was 32" in june...but if you put a stick over him right now i think he'd be right at 34"..

I used several different methods to figure out how tall my colt would be and they all said 32-33" he is comming 2 and is 33". I have also heard that once a minis tail reaches the ground they are done growing. His tail is at the ground. Like I said he is not quite 2 yet.

Latest posts

Back