How to change our minis paperwork to or not & ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBhorses

Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to know who all else going through this. We have send in alot of paperwork with My husband and I names with or ,but they keep putting & on the papers. I also notice some of the amha papers has just his name and some have just my names when we put both names with &.Who would we need to ask about this? Also how would we get it change so we both don't have to sign everything.
default_wacko.png
:

Thanks Melissa

AMHA - You send in a transfer of ownership form with the "and" as the sellers (signed by both) and the "or" as the buyers (signed by one or both). Include a work order, the fee, the registration certificate and new photos.

It's just like a sale.

Now, if they made a mistake on the original and you can show it, they may change it without a fee.

Call them.

Don't know about AMHR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

The paperwork had both of our names, but it SAYS OR not And on the transfer papers.

thanks melissa

Both registeries have been doing well with putting "or" on our transfers and registrations but if they have made a mistake and put "and" when you asked for "or" I would have them correct their mistake. Good luck. Mary

Hello,

I would like to know who all else going through this. We have send in alot of paperwork with My husband and I names with or ,but they keep putting & on the papers. I also notice some of the amha papers has just his name and some have just my names when we put both names with &.Who would we need to ask about this? Also how would we get it change so we both don't have to sign everything.
default_wacko.png
:

Thanks Melissa

Hello,

i email Pam with AMHA she said they made a mistake.I will have to send the paperwork back in so they can change it.

thanks Melissa

I just want to say that I have been a member of AMHA and of AMHR since 2003. Since that time, I have heard many complaints of applications being returned or registration certificates with mistakes on them. During that period, I have sent in approximately 30 applications or transfers. I have NEVER had an application or transfer returned to me by AMHA or had a mistake on a certificate they sent me. (Maybe I'm just lucky.) I did have ONE application returned to me from AMHR where I was registering a mare from her AMHA papers. They said she was already registered AMHR. I'm glad they returned them. I was able to get an affidavit from the original owner that the original certificate had been lost and got her transfered to my name with less cost. Just saying I have never had any real problem.

I've actually never had any "mistakes" from the registration offices of AMHR and AMHA either, except one filly is registered as a silvery buckskin (vs. silver buckskin). Once I had to have a color corrected with AMHR and sent in pictures requesting the color be corrected from red roan to bay roan. AMHR "corrected" his color to buckskin (vs. what I'd requested). However, the pictures of the horse could have been seen as buckskin if you didn't know the horse. They fixed that promptly for me and he's now listed as a bay roan.

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]I got my papers back on a colt and had to send them back cause they spelled a work wrong. At first I thought it may have been my screw up cause I had just gotten back my AMHR on the same colt and I forgot that word all together!! i sent it back and they fixed it!![/SIZE]

April

Just goes to show we are all human and the mistakes can be made by any one of us.

I have never had much problems with AMHA, one this year but that was my fault from the start and just getting them to contact the new owner as I no longer had the horse here with me. I did get one back from AMHA that totally had my name spelled wrong but didnt even bother to correct it, I will do so when I need to have his paper work done.

I had a issue with AMHR a few years ago when my appy colts papers. Took for ever to get the papers back as they wouldnt send them back to my aunts place with out written permission to do so. (Hello I have been doing it that way for um.........at least 5 years now???)

Latest posts

Back