How to be seen while driving in winter

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniaturehorselover

Reaction score
So I have a white miniature mare who is 33 inches and apparently not very visable during winter especially while being driven in the snow any ideas on how to make her visible for safety precautions? Thanks

Do a google search for "reflectors for horses" and you'll get a bunch of hits for reflective gear for horses. If those are all too big, you can always try reflectors for pets, they make collars and such for dogs.

A red quarter sheet, a red blanket over her - either over or under the harness.

Blinking lights on your cart, a proper "slow down" sign on your cart, a cart flag. Colored tape strung thru the wheels of your cart.

Reflectors on her bridle or bright/neon colors (as in velcro'd cloth or colored duct tape) on bridle, driving lines, chest "plate", boots, blanket, harness. A colored, circus type plume on her bridle.

I would put sleigh bells on her harness as well.

Adding: real sleigh bells have a distinctive ring and are loud, I enjoy hearing them whenever I use them driving

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks paintponylvr gonna definitely try that although I don't have a cart I have an actual sleigh
default_smile.png
but gonna put flashy tape on everything aha and madmax I got a bear bell on each sides still doesn't do much :/

Do you sew? ...a "hunter orange" vest-type thingie, affixed with velcro? There's a few sites selling them for around fifty bucks for full-sized horses. (seems a little pricey to me for what you get; plus, wouldn't fit a mini.)

Not too sure that reflectors would do all that much unless you're sleighing around at night? But one of those orange reflector triangles (made for vehicles) wouldn't hurt

I bought a neon safety vest from Gempler's. Even if folks don't see my brown horses or white dog, they see me. I got the large size, so it goes on over my winter coat.

Also have flashing magnetic trailer light, bicycle flag--to me the vest is the most visible.

Latest posts

Back