How Many? :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I am going to have to give it up and start counting, everyone asks this question! I really try not to keep track,as long as there is not a number you can kid yourself that you really do not have that many at all! I keep saying somewhere around 22.
default_biggrin.png

I have

A palomino stallion

A palomino/pinto mare

A grey mare

A chestnut/pinto gelding

and NO MORE ROOM!

Our small farm seems to keep growing. When we started a few years, I never imagined we would have this many. But...they are all loved, spoiled, and very well taken care of. With such a nice quality group of horses it is hard to complain
default_wub.png

1 Stallion

10 Mares

1 weanling filly

1 weanling stud colt

A Grand total of 13 blessings!

Last edited by a moderator:
I currently have 2...

Yearling stallion

2 yr old gelding

But.......things could change...................LOL!
default_wink.png
default_laugh.png

Updated/Edited 9/26/09:

We've grown pretty rapidly!

After our sale of 2 weanlings to England, four bred mares and 2 yearling colts all in new homes this year ........

that still leaves 46 horses total with #47 arriving first of October (that's still a secret).

7 stallions (5 breeding stallions, 1 yearling stallion and 1 non-breeding AMHR driving fun family stallion - gee, maybe I should offer him for stud so he earns something to cover his feed? lol)

7 weanlings (4 colts, 3 fillies)

9 yearlings (all fillies - mostly retained from our previous foal season)

Rest are bred mares (yikes! 24 bred mares!)

3 of the bred mares belong to Elaine Jones as they are bred to our Buckeroo son.

Her 3 mares live here full time so while we don't actually own them - we care for them and love them of course - and will be foaling them out along side our own.
default_yes.gif

Elaine has a special place in our hearts here at White Tail and is the only outside farm exposed to our Buckeroo son - with her 30+ years as a breeder – it was a huge compliment that she approved of our Buckeroo son to breed three of her top mares to him. These will be his first foals and she’s sharing in the excitement.
default_biggrin.png

After having over 30 for years I am down to 24 here right now with two weanlings leaving soon. And I still have

Mr It leased from Tony also.

So it looks like I'll have either 21 or 22 for the winter.

Susan O.

[SIZE=12pt]I have a whopping total of SIXTY-FOUR[/SIZE]

Mares: 45

(37) Broodmares

(5) Yearling Fillies

(3) Weanling Fillies

Stallions: 19

(2) Senior Breeding Stallions

(5) Yearling Stallions (1) Cremello is going to be a potential future herd sire

[SIZE=12pt](10) Weanling Colts [/SIZE]

Geldings: 2

[SIZE=12pt](1) Yearling Show Gelding [/SIZE]

(1) Older Pet Quality Gelding (My granddaughter's) and the first horse we ever purchased.... He's just the sweetest thing and he LOVES to give kisses.

I've been fortunate enough to placed (16) horses this season and have (30) more that I have to move....

Had 36 at the start of the year and now down to 27. Looking to get down to 10 and I am not breeding any more.
default_smile.png

Joyce

We have 10

3 mares -

7 geldings..well ok kinda we have a yearling colt and 2 mature stallions both set to be gelded if and when Fall ever decides to make an appearence
default_wink.png

We "might" have one stallion cover 2 of the mares in Oct and see what happens but while we have not tried very hard neither of the mares seem to be great in the repro department so not counting on anything

Actually technically we have 9 minis one of the geldings is a ASPC yearling -

2 Stallions

4 yearling colts (all to be gelded very soon)

5 weanling colts

16 Mares (3-18 yrs)

4 weanling fillies

22 Geldings

I have almost the perfect number for me and my barn, because I refuse to have more than I have room to stall everyone when it is rainy or snowy, etc... So for me right now it is

1 stallion (and that's the way he likes it)

3 brood mares (bred for 2010 foals)

2 show mares (who dont seem to be able to conceive)

1 yearling filly (born and bred here, my first foal)

So 7 total and 3 on the way. I told myself when I began with these guys I would not go over 10. So I guess in 2010 I sell some or I stop breeding or buying anymore. I did sell two this year, but I bought one too
default_smile.png

I made some major changes earlier this year, so I now have just 2 wonderfully spoiled minis who are companions to me. No showing, now breeding, no buying or selling. Just silly little furry faces that are always happy to see me.
default_biggrin.png

Liz

About 32 last time I counted LOL.

3 sr stallions, 2 youngsters

4 geldings plus the 3 I board

Lots of mares
default_smile.png
some older mares that are retired, 5 in foal for 2010, and 5 yearling/two yr olds.

Plus Artie who hobbles around and has the run of the place, and my QH gelding.

Jan

As of today:

3-mares

2-weanling fillies

1-stallion (2 year old)

So 6 total, will be 4 after the fillies leave next month. I'm thinking I may even cut it back to 2 next year...just not sure yet.

97!!!!

4 donkeys

4 llamas

3 "big" horses

rest minis!

Ever see the T-shirt that says: "One horse away from being the crazy horse lady"?

I think it's all subjective
default_biggrin.png

We have bedrooms for everyone so I'm not the crazy horse lady, yet.

We are at 8, no babies next year so that'll remain static till at least 2011.

1 stallion

1 gelding our "first mini"

4 breeding mares (some double as show/driving minis)

1 non-breeding mare (does everything else)

1 foal/weanling

total of 8

and 1 big horse, Target, who the farm is named after

We have a total of 11

1 stallion (Smutty Buckskin)

2 geldings

1 weanling filly (sold and leaving tomorrow)

6 broodmares ( 1 probably sold )

1 yearling mare at trainers coming home next month

so after all is said and done we will have 9 again

which is where we try to stay for adult horses

I have two...a 3 year old mare and a 4 year old gelding.

I have a question for those of you who have TONS of horses (20 and above) - how on earth do you do it??? And how do you remember everyone's names???
default_laugh.png

Were up to 4 now. We are starting to get in to appaloosas so we have a few to start.

1- 2yr old blanket appaloosa filly(2010 halter, multi color and liberty horse)

1- Senior pintaloosa mare(2010 Performance Horse showmanship, liberty, halter obstacle, hunter, jumper, Country Pleasure, roadster, and obstacle driving)

1- Senior Stallion(Up in the air on what were doing with him)

1- Senior Gelding( In driving training in 2010- Western Country Pleasure)

Latest posts

Back