how many of you feel im not right

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I whole heartily believe we have to take care of this planet if we want further generations to enjoy and use it. And you arre so very correct in saying "Truth be told we do not KNOW what happened wayback when, we can only speculate" for even the men who wrote the Bible tells two different versions of creation. I think it is best to just live the very best we can and take care of what we do have and each other.
default_smile.png
Mary

I just wanted to add that everyone no matter your beliefs has to do thier part when it comes to our environment. Everyone who has contributed has made excellent points. I have also talked to some manufacturers about packaging to make less of it and to come up with other ideas to help reduce waste products.As to the topic of religion and beliefs...I think it really doesnt belong in this conversation, why argue about it, everyone has thier own beliefs, NO ONE is right and NO ONE is wrong. Truth be told we do not KNOW what happened way back when, we can only speculate. None of us know first hand what happened as none of us were there. So to each thier own! The last thing anyone likes is someone elses beliefs crammed down thier throat.

Have a good evening everyone! and lets get back to our environment!

I've never understood what is ungodly or anything less than miraculous about evolution, or in any aspect of nature. Nor have I ever understood the need to claim to know the answer to our existence -- the very enigma is, to me, part of the beauty.

To me, god is nature and nature, god. What is holier than watching the sun rise over the horizon, hearing birds sing in the morning, hearing the frogs and crickets sing in the twilight? That is my church, and I live with it every moment of my life.

How could the miracle of birth be any more precious with a human than with a kitten, a calf, or any creature?

Who better to teach the virtues of unconditional love and loyalty than those creatures with whom we share our planet? What could possibly be a better lesson for survival than the interdependence of all life on earth?

Just as our mothers nurtured us, and we in turn nurture our parents, so must we do with mother earth.

The achievements of mankind over the millenia, the strides we have taken since Lucy and our other predecessors are nothing short of amazing, but with our acquired abilities and wisdom have come ego, pride, and so many other vices. Not that other animals are without their faults, but ours have coupled with our unique abilities to threaten our very existence.

I admire Jesus and St. Francis of Assisi for their wisdom, their love, their appreciation of the earth and all fellow creatures, not for their supposed holiness. Holiness, to me, is shared by all living beings.

So, to come back to your topic, mrgizzmoe...no, I do not think that you are wrong. Sorry if I took a long way of getting there. And I mean no disrespect to anyone's beliefs...just sharing mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to add that everyone no matter your beliefs has to do thier part when it comes to our environment. Everyone who has contributed has made excellent points. I have also talked to some manufacturers about packaging to make less of it and to come up with other ideas to help reduce waste products.As to the topic of religion and beliefs...I think it really doesnt belong in this conversation, why argue about it, everyone has thier own beliefs, NO ONE is right and NO ONE is wrong. Truth be told we do not KNOW what happened way back when, we can only speculate. None of us know first hand what happened as none of us were there. So to each thier own! The last thing anyone likes is someone elses beliefs crammed down thier throat.

Have a good evening everyone! and lets get back to our environment!

Touche. Sorry
default_smile.png

With technolgoy the way it is....a lot of ugly is in our faces. Don't forget, there is a lot of beauty out there too! I can understand your disgust in humans but there are just as many caring humans out there doing their best to help others and our planet. Keep the faith!

I've never understood what is ungodly or anything less than miraculous about evolution, or in any aspect of nature. Nor have I ever understood the need to claim to know the answer to our existence -- the very enigma is, to me, part of the beauty.
To me, god is nature and nature, god. What is holier than watching the sun rise over the horizon, hearing birds sing in the morning, hearing the frogs and crickets sing in the twilight? That is my church, and I live with it every moment of my life.

How could the miracle of birth be any more precious with a human than with a kitten, a calf, or any creature?

Who better to teach the virtues of unconditional love and loyalty than those creatures with whom we share our planet? What could possibly be a better lesson for survival than the interdependence of all life on earth?

Just as our mothers nurtured us, and we in turn nurture our parents, so must we do with mother earth.

The achievements of mankind over the millenia, the strides we have taken since Lucy and our other predecessors are nothing short of amazing, but with our acquired abilities and wisdom have come ego, pride, and so many other vices. Not that other animals are without their faults, but ours have coupled with our unique abilities to threaten our very existence.

I admire Jesus and St. Francis of Assisi for their wisdom, their love, their appreciation of the earth and all fellow creatures, not for their supposed holiness. Holiness, to me, is shared by all living beings.
Beautifully stated.. I agree wholehearted..
default_yes.gif

one thing i wanted to bring up that i forgot is the ancient Greeks thought that there gods were real

Well, there lies the difference!

The Greeks "thought" that there gods were real.

I "know" my God is real.
default_yes.gif

Off subject ish, just a add to that coment
default_smile.png
But yes, humans can be a nasty breed.

Last edited:
but back then they knew there gods were real to .hey which they could of been right for all i know. im just saying .....moving on

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back