how many of you feel im not right

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrgizzmoe

Reaction score
I feel like we are the worse animal on earth. yes animal. i dont feel we are any better than any thing eles that is living on earth .who knows we could of came from monkeys. we are killing our selfs by killing our envirerment. is it wroung of me to feel like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
lets not get ugly here . (not saying you are )maybe he did maybe not.

like i stated in another post is my faith is really saying there could be nothing or anything after this life . just trying to be the best person each day i can be

i do beleave in krama . you get what you put out .if all you do is bad one day you get all that back.

i was raised to beleave that jesus died on the cross and all but as i got older does not maske sence to me .looking forward to katrina growing up to make her own choice to . she is free to beleave what she wants long as she is not hurting herself or others. and being a good person. treating others like she would want to be treated and all

just a ? to bring up do you beleave what you beleave becasue you were born into it or becasue you researched it and to you that makes the most sence

i am happy to live were we all can feel how we feel

I don't doubt there's more to life than we'll ever know, but I don't think we just *poof* arrived here. However we got here I do believe we've become like an infestation over our own planet. We ourselves, the planet, the universe and karma will take care of the problem sooner or later. In the meantime, I try to enjoy life living as naturally as possible.

Odd l had always thought we did branch out and evolve from apes..in fact sometimes when l look around some people still strongly resemble them. And your right we are like animals some days more then others..

one thing i wanted to bring up that i forgot is the ancient Greeks thought that there gods were real and we were so sure the world was flat way back when. maybe pointless to point out but here you go

what ever keeps you going beleave in that

Of course I do Not believe you are wrong in what you believe. We all have our own beliefs based on a lot of factors like our up-bringing, our religious beliefs, our cultural beliefs. And lets not be harsh in our judgement of animals. Notice they only live according to their purpose and nature. I wish I were that good!;)

Sorry but I am a "Star Fart" from a Red Giant that went super Nova. And I am sticking to that!!! So there.
default_wink.png
And I know we are related in some way to every living thing. Nothing wrong in that.
default_wink.png

As for what humans are doing to Mother Earth? Not good things in many cases but there are a few brave souls out there, sticking their necks out to change things. Everyone can help in at least a small way.

Buy local,, which decreases the carbon foot print.

Learn to live with less light and or buy those special bulbs.

Drive a high mileage car... anything over 30mpg will help. My husbands Toyota Echo get 43mpg..and his Motorcycle gets 58mpg.

Plant Trees!!!!

Can go on and on but you get the idea.

Sorry but I am a "Star Fart" from a Red Giant that went super Nova. And I am sticking to that!!! So there.
default_wink.png
Ok, Shari, you need to come clean my screen and keyboard, now... That is a new one on me, but I like it.
default_laugh.png
default_wink.png

You're right we are animals- we are classified in taxonomy in the kingdom Animalia. We share 99% of the same genes as our close cousins the Pygmy Chimps. Like our great ape cousins, we are intelligent but we have taken our ability to adapt our surroundings to fit our needs too far. We are too dang successful as a species and eventually we are going to pay for overpopulating the earth. We will "go the way of the dinosaurs" in a few thousand years or less and Earth will start over like she has several times before we came along.

Until then, do what what the Star Farts say; they have good ideas. Oh and reuse, reduce, recycle!
default_smile.png

i can agree with that but maybe earth will end with us ...do you think some of the other planets out there was once like us and we are just doing the same as that society did ..makes ya think alittle

I hope you won't think I'm being ugly, but I will also disagree with you to a point. I too believe God created Adam and Eve on day six of the Creation week. He "formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul." Then He took a rib from Adam and formed it into Eve to make a suitable helper for him. That said, you do have the right to believe whatever you choose to. God has given you that right. That doesn't mean that you are correct in your belief, but you have the right to hold to your incorrect belief. God didn't make us little robots who must hold to the truth. I do also believe that since God gave us the job of stewardship, yes, we do need to do a good job of taking care of our planet and the rest of its inhabitants.

I am happy to be a special part of Creation; created in the image of God (although that image is flawed since we brought sin into the world). I enjoy the animals and plants, but refuse to believe I am just another animal and an accident of the universe.

your not being ugly. you just stating what you beleave. that is what i was borned into and most of my family beleaves. but i cant buy it .seems like a story you would tell your kids at night to make them feel better and go to sleep. but it could be true just my thought thou

i said it before and ill say it again what ever keeps you going beleave that.

I just wanted to add that everyone no matter your beliefs has to do thier part when it comes to our environment. Everyone who has contributed has made excellent points. I have also talked to some manufacturers about packaging to make less of it and to come up with other ideas to help reduce waste products.

As to the topic of religion and beliefs...I think it really doesnt belong in this conversation, why argue about it, everyone has thier own beliefs, NO ONE is right and NO ONE is wrong. Truth be told we do not KNOW what happened way back when, we can only speculate. None of us know first hand what happened as none of us were there. So to each thier own! The last thing anyone likes is someone elses beliefs crammed down thier throat.

Have a good evening everyone! and lets get back to our environment!

I have always felt that humans were pitiful. We lie ,cheat , kill , we are self absorbed , we dont listen , we are oppinionated.we are wasteful. There is a lot about the human race that dissapoints me. If everyone did one nice thing a day to a fellow human, everyday , then the world would be a better place for us to live. I believe we did come from Apes, and we did evolve ...but I dont think for the better.

I cringe to think what my local community (let alone the world) will be like when my son gets married (20 or so years from now). Where will the wildlife go, where will we get our hay??? Just a few questions. But we do everything we can to help reduce the loads to the dump. I do plan on starting a compost pile soon (outside remake over is next year).

As far as where we evolved. Its up in the air to me. I don't believe we were all of a sudden here. And I don't believe we came from apes (as my anthropology teacher in college liked to state). I believe in the microbial system. Microorganisms were the first to make the earth an "oxygen" planet. And I believe that apes and us evolved from the same thing, but branched off different ways. Still learning more about the details (which could take years). But I'm a microbiologist, so I believe this. Ask an anthropoligist and they'll say we evolved from apes. Or ask any church goer and they'll say we came from God. Everyone has their opinions and who really knows which is right (we have hardly any proof on any of the theories).

That we have evolved from ape-like creatures (and long before that from one-celled organisms) is pretty much fact (ever study Physical Anthropology? I did
default_wink.png
). Why can't one believe that "God" created the universe and that our evolution was/is part of his/her/it's plan? Just saying...You can believe in God and/or something greater than us without having to believe that we all sprang from Adam and Eve. Sorry. I don't want to make this a religious discussion. Just throwing my two cent in...

Edited to add that this was in response to "kimbell".

Yup, we evolved and we're related to the Great Apes..that's cool, nothing wrong with that. Science has done a great job of teaching us more about our past and our planets evolution. I'm sorry you feel this way. Man has awesome potential for love, compassion and caring. Sounds naieve but it all starts with you.
default_smile.png

Yup, we evolved and we're related to the Great Apes..that's cool, nothing wrong with that. Science has done a great job of teaching us more about our past and our planets evolution. I'm sorry you feel this way. Man has awesome potential for love, compassion and caring. Sounds naieve but it all starts with you.
default_smile.png

I think it's amazing and beautiful and magical.

But I also think that it's because we are animals is why we are going to destroy ourselves. That, plus our over-developed brain has been the recipe for our destruction. It's too smart; our instinct and our "smarts" are constantly at war. Has anyone ever read Galapagos by Kurt Vonnegut? A satirical, sad look at humanity. But so true. Our desire to conquer, to attain land, to dominate etc. It's part of our animal instinct. I feel we're going to be on the planet for a lot shorter time than the dinosaurs...We've been here for a fraction of the time as them and we've managed to throw the Earth into chaos.

Latest posts

Back