How many horses do YOU have?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I have 2 arabian mares, both bays with stars. One is 6 and the other is 7 years old. One is in foal for a late April foal.

I also have 4 minis, a 2 year old stallion, a 13 year old mare in foal due early August 2005, a 7 year old gelding and a 6 month old filly. I am starting to save up to get another mini mare or filly, maybe 2 or 3 more mares would be nice.

http://communities.msn.com/SPHArabians/photoalbum

We have:

Two senior stallions

One weanling colt

One yearling filly

One three year old mare - sold though so I guess she isn't mine anymore
wink.gif

Five broodmares

So I guess that equals nine - yep nine

hopefully with at least four in the oven for next year. I cannot even wait to see my first foal from Izon!
wub.gif
wub.gif
yes.gif
aktion033.gif
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
7 total here:

2 big horses: 1 18 yr. ex-cowhorse (sorry...he's the BEST big horse in the world, period!) and one 13 yr. registered QH. Both geldings.

5 minis:

1 1999 gelding (for sale)

1 2004 mare

1 2003 mare

1 2002 mare

1 2004 colt

That's plenty for the first year!
biggrin.gif

Of course, when you tack on the 11 dogs, 8 birds, aquariums, cat and four year old child, that's plenty to take care of for now!!
yes.gif

Shelley

We have 6 and one more on the way.

2 warmblood geldings,

1 pregnant warmblood mare

2 mini geldings

1 mini colt ( 3 months)

45 miniatures, three of which are sold and waiting to go to their new homes

2 riding horses

1 percheron

8 ponies

For a total of 56!!!
new_shocked.gif

oh, dear i have to count the whole group? ok, 6 of us have horses at my sister's.

i have 1 paint 2 year old gelding (for sale)

1 mini stallion

1 brood mare (i co-own with my daughter) mini

1 2 year old filly mini

1 yearling filly mini

1 weanling filly mini

1 suckling filly (also co-owned with my daughter) mini

so i have 1 biggie & 4 + 2/2 minis LOL

my daughter also has 1 percheron 2 year old gelding, 1 mini mare, & 1 mini 2 yr old filly (besides the ones she co-owns with me)

my sister has 7 "big" horses and 10 minis

her daughter has 3 "biggies" and 1 mini

plus there are 3 minis boarded

jennifer
saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually own: 1-APHA mare(trail riding)-a GREAT mare!

4-Miniature geldings-all double registered; one is currently out on a free lease, but will be coming home before long, as he is entitled to pretty much retire, at age 19!

5-Miniature mares-one driving mare, a 38" "over", R-only,extraordinary mover(Thanks, Dr.Pam!!); one is my 'matriarch', at age 23-extraordinary producer and all-around performance mare in her own right(currently giving lessons to a 10 yr. old girl); one is out on free lease, and two lovely young mares(one is actually for sale)-I simply don't "have a job" for either of them-am just overly attached to one, so can't yet bring myself to put her up for sale!)

NO stallions! (Been there, done that-retired from it!)

Though the Forum doesn't reflect the information(it 'used to be' on my profile, I didn't know that the info had 'disappeared'at the most recent Forum restructure-I did go and add it back in...), today is my birthday(I turn 64!)-and I simply cannot do the work I once could-
rolleyes.gif
! Recently, I had another mare here for only a month; clearly, that was just "one horse too many"-seemed like the work/time to do it increased expotentially!! My limits are clear to me, so---in order to ENJOY what I do with the driving/performance/'using' horses, I need to limit the numbers to NO MORE than are now here---since my gelding needs to come home soon, that means one of these now here must go....I expect to keep all of the others until time to go to the 'great Beyond'.

Down to 2 Mini's,

1 mini Donkey

1 Icelandic mare

And if all goes well this coming Saturday, I will be a Fjord horse owner.

Hmmmmm --- Total is 18. Exclusively minis here.

Breakdown is: 2 leopard stallions

11 mature mares (2 pinto, 1 pintaloosa, rest are appy)

5 this year's foals (all for sale, darn it!)

At least one more foal coming, maybe another too. So, it's 18-7/8 at least.
new_shocked.gif

30-ish.
biggrin.gif
2 senior stallions, 4 geldings and the rest mares, foals and yearlings. It varies according to who has foaled, who's bought or sold, etc but we seem to stay around that number. Plus a very senior quarter horse mare and an APHA mare at the trainers.

Jan

I have 2 mini's, soon to be 3 on August 1st!!

1 - 2yr filly

1 - 3yr gelding

1 - yearling filly

Yay I am so excited and have obviously been bitten by the mini bug! Boyfriend knows there's soon to be a 4th but he doesn't know he just told me the truth! Shhh! (Ok i'll spill, i'll be looking to add a young colt next spring/summer! But then that's it...no more!!)...yah right =)

4 1/2 how is that for an answer...actually it is more like seven...

I have a mare, a stallion, a gelding and a foal. My mare is bred back, and I am buying a new mare who is also bred. Gotta love them babies.

I presently have 12 miniatures, down from 32 a few years back. And yes, they are all spoiled too.

Joyce said:
I presently have 12 miniatures, down from 32 a few years back.  And yes, they are all spoiled too.
427565[/snapback]

hey, are you the one who went to Susan's? How was that!! I just LOVE visiting with her and her minis, she is a nice person! So is Tami(and Peggy if you met her)!

-Gage-

Back