How many have you sold....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allure Ranch

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]With all the talk regarding the lack of horse sales I thought that it would be intersting to see what we've actually accomplished over all....[/SIZE]

So far this year I been very fortunate to have placed (17) horses.

(7) Stallions/Colts and (10) Fillies

Other circumstances:

I traded (1) really nice colt for a mare....

I gave (1) weanling filly and (1) older filly away to a friend so her mare would have a companion....

I gave (1) weanling colt away to a client that had purchased a couple of fillies....

I gave (1) really nice gelding away to a client that had purchased several horses from me....

and have you bought any horses this year????? [SIZE=12pt] I[/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]didn't personally purchase any this year since I was still making payments on some that I bought last year.[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
No complaints here, I had 3 available this year, sold two, purchased one, can't wait to show her next year. We are also building a new barn, even though we are doing alot of the work ourselves,I feel very blessed that money isn't too tight here.

Ok ... I had 5 foals this year. 2 AMHR fillys, 1 UR AMHR/ASPC filly, 1 AMHR colt, 1 ASPC colt.

I have sold 1 AMHR filly

Traded 1 AMHR colt for sevices

Had not really put the ASPC colt out there yet as he cant be weaned for another two months.

Took the 2 remaining fillys to a sale, the prices were so bad I kept them. Would rather put some work on them and try next year.

Oh and two purchases
default_smile.png

2 AMHR/ASPC colts
default_smile.png

I had one 2009 foal, and I haven't made up my mind 100% about whether or not I want to sell her, but have had no bites. And, I'd love to buy another mare, but budget and hubby say no (the budget will be ready to buy, before hubby).

Since Oct of last year:

Traded one 26" stallion for a Jerald showcart

Gave away a gelding

Sold a colt, 2 geldings and filly

Lost one mare-unknown causes

Had five live foals

Bought two AMHA fillies

Bought a ASPC filly

Was given an AMHR/AMHA/PtHA stallion

Lucy

I had two mares for sale earlier in the year - sold both fairly quickly contrary to what I was expecting.

I had two live colts this year - my teeny tiny buckskin Buck Echo/Mickey Mouse grandson is staying for sure
default_wub.png
and the other (a primative buckskin dun Buckeroo AND BOB grandson
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
) I have someone interested in him and if she doesn't buy him I am thinking I will keep him. Hmmmmmm.... decisions decisions.... So, maybe no more for sale here for while unless the right match for him presents itself.

Now I'm trying to figure how to get a fantastic show colt on a pet budget
default_rolleyes.gif
Guess I'll have to be patient!

I've sold a 2yr old and both weanlings. Did I get the price I wanted on them? No, but I'm not feeding them. Haven't bought anything but was given a leadline pony for my son.

We sold 13 miniature horses this year including most of our 2009 foals but bought four horses this year with 3 of them being miniatures (2) AMHA/AMHR stallions and one gelding that is ASPC/AMHR and we bought a Modern Pleasure filly. I did get the prices that I was wanting for our horses. I am not quite sure how many foals I will have for 2010 yet, we did breed a few mares and gave some mares the year off, we usually like to have 3 to 5 foals a year since we do have a pretty busy show schedule with the ponies and miniatures and I want to keep my numbers down to lessen my work load as well.

We did decide to retain one of our 2009 foals this year being a AMHR/ASPC palamino filly with blue eyes that placed in Futurity at the Nationals. We are finally getting to where we want to be in numbers with both our showstring and breeding program.

So far this year I've sold 8 and one more is under contract.

And I bought one!
default_laugh.png

I searched for 3 years to find her and I love my new mare!
default_wub.png

I've sold 3 minis. Didn't break even, but they all went to good homes.
default_smile.png

I homed my Cushing's gelding to a knowledgable lady. So she could take care of him and he'll still have a full life ahead of him being a pet for a PMC kid.
default_wub.png

We even sold hubby's big horse. Made a lot more money off of him that we expected (thought we'd have to give him away with the way the market was). So we were happy about that one.
default_biggrin.png

Now as far as buying/acquiring new horses.....2 ASPC ponies managed to find their way to my barn. Not sure how.....
default_biggrin.png

I do have 1 for sale still. Not sure how the outlook will be on selling him, but I can always hope. He's priced to sell. So I'm hoping he can find a new home so they can start training for the next show season. So I'll keep my fingers crossed on that one.
default_unsure.png

I only had one, have her up for sale BUT priced soooo high so I can keep her and only offered so the hubby is happy.
default_biggrin.png
I love her so much and plan on hanging on to her at the moment (possibly forever) lol. I think she's a keeper!

I sold 3 out of 5 that I had for sale. Had sold another but I bought her back because the senior citizen decided it was too much for her with her age.I just turned down a sale on two horses, wasn't the right home. Bought a mare in foal and I am going to keep the foal. I would love to trade one mare or filly for a teeny female Yorkie!

Robin

Robin

Had 4 foals born this year, sold the 3 I put up for sale. Kept the tiny cremello colt for future breeding (he's from an outside stallion too). Also sold last year's filly that we had decided to keep last year, then put her up this year. Got almost what I wanted for all of them, so pretty good. I sold everything I had up for sale, so happy with that. Then bought two mares already bred for next year. We only bred back one of our own, so 3 foals next year. Not sure how many will be for sale as two are from outside stallion, a nice filly might be worth keeping.

Marsha

This has been our top year believe it or not. We have sold 13 horses this year and possibly a 14th. I have also turned down sales on 2 that I have that are not listed for sale but people made offers on them.

And I bought one. Wow thats pretty good for me LOL> I do plan on adding mares in the spring

Bought 1....sold 10..I have had more interest but am almost out of sale horses.....

Well....I am helping the market...didn't have any to sell (since until May I was "horseless", which I always knew would be a temporary thing, but sucked while I was) and bought 3! All boys!
default_rolleyes.gif
default_laugh.png
One is a gelding, so that doesn't "count"...he is our show gelding! One is now for sale (will be gelded, too) and the other is definitely our FUTURE herd sire (he is a weanling).
default_wub.png

Deb has cut me off LOL...I agree, tho...we really need to have a place of our own and not be boarding to have any more horses!
default_new_shocked.gif

[SIZE=12pt]Wow, congratulations everyone on your sales and your purchases. Doesn't seem like economy woes to me! Doesn't sound to me like the doom and gloom everyone speaks of. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]We're only in our 2nd year and so far been very successful. No complaints.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]This year we sold:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]4 bred mares (our R only mares) We have double registered but sold all the R only[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]2 yearling colts (one A and one R born/foaled to us last year '08) - we kept the 4 fillies we foaled in '08[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]2 '09 weanling fillies sold to England (AMHA - our first overseas sale and they are already there and settled in)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]1 proven 2 yr old stallion (AMHA) we just sold 1 week ago[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Total of 9 sold this year – for the beginning of our program we're certainly thrilled![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Now, on the flipside …. we purchased a lot! Being our 2nd year, we're still building our breeding program:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]a BTU son

[SIZE=12pt]a Buckeroo son (our 2nd )[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]4 bred mares[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]1 two year old [/SIZE]

3 yearlings

[SIZE=12pt]I swear I'm forgetting someone - we've grown so quickly (now you know why hubby cut me off and didn't let me go to Octoberfest! LOL)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Of the 9 foals born to us this year, 2 are already in England (leaves us 7) and 3 of those we're keeping[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Even after our sales, we're up to 47 horses total on our farm in just two years. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]We're hoping to increase our sales numbers next year with the arrival of our Buckeroo son's first foals, and our BTU sons first foals. Can't wait to see what we get![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=18pt]Happy 2nd Anniversary to White Tail Farm on October 27th![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back