How long is it taking to get Registration Paper back

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Windhaven

Reaction score
Hello

I just want to vent. AMHA has had 2 registration papers for 3 MONTHS. I called yesterday and left a message inquiring about them. Had to call again today and they said they where just scanned this morning. I said, "really, you have had them for 3 months". All she said was "well we are short handed too". I am not sure I believe that. They probably got forgotten.

Has anyone else had their papers take this long?

If they where forgotten, I wish they would be honest and say so and then rush them out. I can handle that.

This is just annoying......

Also, if it is taking this long, maybe they should put something about that on their website OR fix it.

It is taking them that long. Guess they are really behind. I sent on transfer to them the second week of January and haven't gotten it back yet.

I guess it is taking them that long....

They need to hire more help...

I don't think we've EVER gotten papers back on any of our foals in 2 months or less. The last few year we've had to call before anything has happened. Last year when I called in January (sent them early October) they told me they were just scanned in that day. A month later, still no papers. Caled again and they said, "oh they were just scanned in today!"...busted. I don't really mind waiting, it would just be nice if they were upfront and let me know it would take them some extra time to do things.

I have never had papers take 3 months to come back - even with DNA involved. Not ever with either registry. Sorry you are having such troubles. :-(

I was given a reasonable explanation when I asked. Now, new papers which I just sent in last week are due to come back within three weeks. Maybe the problem has been fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe they truly are short handed, and are behind. I dont think they just sit in there drinking coffee all day. Perhaps the budget doesnt allow to hire another. If I want mine back in a hurry, I send a rush fee with it. I know it depends on what time of year, etc.... sometimes it just takes longer than others due to the volume of work coming in.

Mine too. I sent in for permanent papers AMHA Jan 2. Sent an email in Feb asking "whatz up?". Two days later the DNA papers show up and I send them back next day in the mail. A week later I get email saying "We're just waiting on the DNA". Well, Duh since it took you over a month to send out the papers for that DNA. Here it is March and I haven't seen or heard from them again. Still waiting and now they send me a "second reminder" for my membership. I'm wondering if they're holding up the registration papers until I renew! I should send them an email and say "it's in the mail --cough, cough".

Sorry, if they are shorthanded but hey, in this economy they should be able to pick people off the streets!

Several factors can influence the amount of time it takes to get papers back. On average, I would say I usually get mine in about 6 weeks. Sometimes as quickly as 4, sometimes as long as 8. BUT, when I talk with them, I am never demanding and always thank them for their efforts. I remember someone saying you can draw more flies with honey than you can with vinegar.
default_smile.png

Back