How long are your days?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JumpinJackFarm

Reaction score
I don't like this time of year with the short days
default_no.gif
I just hate it !!

I also know the days will be getting shorter till around Christmas
default_no.gif

As most of you all know I live in Washington and our days starts getting bright around 7 AM and it starts getting dusky/dark around 430 PM this time of year.

Remind us all ....

where do you live & how long are your days?

default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
I do not like this time of year either.!

It starts to lighten up around 7 and starts to get dark around 5.

I do get to feed in the day light in the morning, but when I get home it is dark and I'm a fraidy cat, so someone gives them supper before I get home, I do bedtime in the barn!!

P.S. I live in Atlantic Canada!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12pt]Your not the only one who HATES this time of the year. It starts getting dusky/dark around 4:30PM, and starts getting light out about 7am. Ce[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]yuk...always seems dark here...starts getting light about 7 and dark around 4:30
default_sad.png
...i'm in my pj's by 7...i'm way up north...Nikki[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]I'm not a huge fan on this time change either. Doesn't leave much time for outside playing while the animals are getting fed. It starts getting light here a little before 7 am and dusk is just before 5. I'm in Alabama.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Shannon
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

I'm in Missouri- it gets light here about 6:45 then completely dark by 5:30!! I really dont like it!! BY 7:00 you feel like it is bed time!!
default_sad.png

We are also more tired this time of year where in the summer we are outside til 9:00 every night!!

Plus the horses were used to being fed at 7:00 pm , now at 5:30 they are paising just waiting to be fed!! So I feed them earlier cause I want to get inside in my pj's!!
default_yes.gif

I'm in Missouri too, so Ditto to what Basketmiss said
default_yes.gif

It seems so hard to get everything done we need or want to do during that small window of daylight hours
default_no.gif
Some nights I'm packing around the flashlight to get finished up outside after work - don't like that!
default_unsure.png

I too live in Missouri. It gets light here around 7am and dark by 5pm. On the days that I work, I have to do my chores in the dark and thank goodness that my mom lives next door. She feeds the babies before dark. On days that I work, I drive to work in the dark and drive home in the dark. I start work at 6:30am and get off at 7pm. I just hate this time of the year. I really look forward to days off.

My poor donkeys don't like it either. I don't see them at night on work nights. Can't wait already for the time change again.
default_sad.png

here in AZ i feed in the dark then clean pens in the dawn's early light, i am on the road to work by the time the sun actually appears... and it's about down by the time i get home, so if the kids aren't home to feed at night then i am feeding in the dusk... the only good thing about this time of year is it is cool enough to be outside ALL DAY on the weekend... so i can catch up!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back