How do I keep her clean?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystalsowner

Reaction score
Ive had Crystal our 19 yr old mini mare for about 2 month now, she is a great joy to the family and has no doubt found her forever home. She has had many foals and seemed to have a "stretched" "udder/teets" and they seem to get very dirty, very quickly. She gets black stuff all over it. [ooc im guessing its poo?] And that makes her itchy. I clean her quite often and as soon as I clear her she stops itching for most of the day. But by morning shes already dirty again, so I gotta clean her. Is there anyway I can help her stay clean and not be itchy between cleaning?

Note- Shes already been throughly checked its not lice, or any other skin condition, and a few fecals were good over a few months too.

No great idea on how to keep her from getting dirty, but I'd just keep a container of baby wipes handy for the daily "wipe-down".
default_yes.gif

What Diane said... I keep baby wipes in the barn during the summer, I use them to clean my hands while I'm out; and, to clean their private areas. I really like the Western Family brand wipes that are comparable to Huggies.

I'm not sure it's fecal matter... Smegma is just dead skin and oils. Some horses secrete more than others.

Latest posts

Back