Hello

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millie and The Boys

Reaction score
I am Louise from Geneva Florida. Millie the mini joined our family in August of 2018. Millie came from a local rescue. She had been adopted out once but was returned due to her fear of the Farrier. The Vet thinks she is about 8 and estimated at 213 lbs. We also have 2 full size geldings. Millie is very sweet and we are enjoying her. We did notice over the December holidays that Millie was losing weight. Her spine and hip bones were beginning to show. The Vet said it could be a few things so we first upped her Timothy hay. Then we did a fecal. Millie had a moderate load. We treated her with pyrantel. The Vet came last week and did a float. Her teeth were bad. She didn’t think they were ever done. She said she had been in pain.
Other than disliking her feet being trimmed and her teeth being floated (needed dorm) she is a good girl. Hopefully between the parasites and the teeth we have tackled the problem. The Vet comes back out in a few weeks for 6 month shots, to sedate for the Farrier and to reassess her weight issue.
So glad this forum exists as I have learned so much already.
Thanks
Louise

Hi Louise,
Sounds like Millie has landed in the right place! Good to hear you are taking care of all her needs. I have a mini that was given to me because she was hard to catch and horrible with her feet. With time and patience I was able to get that turned around. It is really rewarding.

Post a picture if you get time. :)

Latest posts

Back