How can parents not care? ugh

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gizzmoe

Reaction score
Okay so not everyone knows how to properly install a car seat or whatever, but that's why there are places that do checks and make sure it is installed correctly etc. I have seen so many installed poorly or even parents holding the infant while riding in the car going down the interstate etc. This rant is a little more close to home though. My cousin married this girl who already had one kid. They had a second and ended up at my grandmas house, long story there. Anyways neither of the work and they are up to three kids now, one of which was taken from them by her parents due to lack of being able to care. Sadly they are not worried about the other two because of who the daddy is. When they first started to stay at my grandmas house there was only 2 kids at that point. The one by him and then the one she had before which was at her parents. Then neither of them having a job she got pregnant again. So now there is two kids and no one working. They do get food stamps and what not, but no money for bills etc etc. Anyways today my aunt went to my grandmas to get her to go to the drive in. She comes over here first though to get changed. Baby in car seat and grandma out there because she went to sleep. This is a one year old girl just so you know. I go out there to talk to my grandma and show her Spot since she likes the kitties. Anyways I get out there and see this 1 y/o strapped into a forward facing car seat. The seat belt was actually on the child physically to hold said car seat and baby in place. I was floored and outraged. I could not believe. I figured my aunt not knowing any better did it. I check and dag blast it this car seat has no 5 point harness. Its suppose to be there but its not. I move the car seat a little and it easily moves. Here I am thinking crap what the heck and why would they allow this. Then I remember the time I first saw their newborn. Strapped loosely meaning harness flapping and I am pretty sure car seat not tightly installed either. Said something but of course she brushes it off and says its okay. Uggh I am about ready to hurt someone. Anyways since all my grandma and aunt had was the one year old. I tightened it the best I could so that she would be okay until she got to my moms. My dad is over there and has my spare car seat. I told her to go get it, have my mom put it in and make sure she is strapped right. I can not stand the thought of something possibly happening to that child. I would of given her the car seat I have now but I need it for Kat if we need to go out somewhere so I made do. I am shaking right now I am so upset. The poor kid doesn't have a choice who its parents are and she deserves so much better. Hopefully I settle down soon and stop shaking. I hate being this upset.

well you did what you could for the baby in giving her your old car seat, some people do not deserve to be parents and it sounds like from what you say that this pair doesn't.
default_new_shocked.gif

Yvonne

Latest posts

Back