how big are your stalls?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My foaling stall is 9x10 which is GREAT plenty, even for the B mares. One stall is 6x9. Another is 6x8 (plenty of room for a mare & foal), and another is 4x9...all work just fine and are plenty of space. My horses are rarely in the barn anyway.

Because my barn is anything but standard....the stalls were built to fit in the space I had. You'd have to stop by for a visit to know what I mean, but let's just say that there were curtains on the windows when I bought the place (and they still are there, which leads everyone to say my barn is "cute"). Lots of windows, all with screens on them so ventilation is GREAT and flies are kept to a minimum. You can see some "before" and "after" pictures here: http://www.miniatureequine.com/dustylane/newplace.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Barn is 32 x 80.... standard metal pole barn.... keep in mind, a too large stall is preferable to a too small stall.If you can, go visit some barns with various layouts. very good opinions expressed in these posts. I agree that a barn is more fun to design than a house.....good luck with your barn....

I had to work with what I had when we built the barn for the miniatures so our stalls are realtively small. We had a 2 stall barn with 12X12' stalls for my one "big" horse and of course the "first" mini. When we added on, we were restricted in what we could do, so we ended up with mini stalls that are 6X8', with removable dividers. So we have one 12X12' stall we can use for a foaling stall, plus at least one 12X8' with partition removed. We also have a huge overhang area (12'X18') and leave the 12X12 stall open so the minis are turned out every day, no matter what the weather. Our herd is small, so they can (and do!) all fit inside the 12X12' stall. The largest minis (33-34") are not stalled at night, so the 6X8' stalls do not seem at all cramped for the ones (30-32") that do sleep in them.

Latest posts

Back