Hotels near Chicago o"hare airport or Midway Airport

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mydaddysjag

Reaction score
I'm looking for a hotel near Chicago O'hare airport or the midway airport that has a shuttle to the airport, and will let you check in if you are under 21. (I wont be 21 for a few more months) Preferably something economical, The only one I have found is $200 a night, and I will only be sleeping there for the night, and flying back home the next day, so I dont really care about anything except that it needs a shuttle to get me from the airport, and take me back to the airport. I'm looking to book something ASAP, as I'm looking to go on 1/20, and when I went to book my trip today, I found out that the hotel I picked wouldnt let me check in because im only 20. I called about 25 hotels today, and like I said, only 1 allowed you to check in at age 18, and its a $200 a night hilton hotel.

actually 200.00 night is economical for chicago. scarey i know but everything there is so much higher. kinda like new york. youll probably have better luck flying into midway vs ohare. i like midway better anyway they dont have as many delays.

if at all possible i always try to lay over in st louis instead of chicago. better airport and much cheaper area

For the days that we are staying, it was actually the most expensive hotel on the list of 25 I called. The majority of the airports near the o'Hare hotel were $79-$139 a night for a Tuesday night.

It looks like I would be able to fly to either airport, both have a deal that I can get round trip tickets for like $120 for each of us. I think o'Hare was more flexible with the flight times as far as what time I wanted to fly out and back.

Unfortunately I need to stay in the chicago area, we're actually flying out to see a horse to be 100% sure before we buy it. My hubby said I could buy it sight unseen if I wanted, but I don't know anyone out that way that could even go look at it for me, and I'm just too scared to buy a horse without someone checking it out first.

Actually, I ended up calling to book the hotel that said they allow you to check in at 18 but spoke with someone different than yesterday, and now they said the minimum age is 21.

Last edited by a moderator:
please please be careful of where you stay. (im just trying to help) if you found a hotel in chicago for 79.00 it could be in a very bad part of Chicago. As fran and i learned when we went to amhr nationals having a cheap hotel is sometimes not a good thing. omg the stories we could tell
default_wacko.png

I lived in Illinois for many years and visited Chicago several times. There are definitely parts of chicago you need to away from.

Just be sure and check online reviews for the hotel you are looking at BEFORE you book.

Its just been my experience that every time I have flown into Ohare airport we had delays of 4-8 hours. Midway has just been a lot better when we have flown there

Have a good trip!

Well, It looks like we might be driving out. We were going to have someone else over 21 fly out with us, and we were going to have to pay for their ticket. Origionally we were going to fly because it was the same price as driving, and I work night shift the night before we were leaving, so I probably wasnt going to be much help on the driving end.

my sister offered that she would drive out with us and stay the night (shes over 21) and we could take her car as long as I covered all the gas and tolls. I'm going to ask hubby about it when he gets home, because her car gets around 28-30 mpg, and this seems like the better way to go now. Plus, we will have a better choice as to where we choose to stay.

Well, It looks like we might be driving out. We were going to have someone else over 21 fly out with us, and we were going to have to pay for their ticket. Origionally we were going to fly because it was the same price as driving, and I work night shift the night before we were leaving, so I probably wasnt going to be much help on the driving end. my sister offered that she would drive out with us and stay the night (shes over 21) and we could take her car as long as I covered all the gas and tolls. I'm going to ask hubby about it when he gets home, because her car gets around 28-30 mpg, and this seems like the better way to go now. Plus, we will have a better choice as to where we choose to stay.
AT Ohare go to the lower level & try the shuttle(15 Passenger VAN) cheaper than a cab by far & a call the night before & they pick you up at your hotel(same price). They have a set list of hotels they regulary pickup from but will go to any hotel you choose. Downtown Chicago is great & SAFE to walk around in. (BUT YOU MUST STAY IN THE TOURIST AREA NEAR THE MILLION DOLLAR MILE!!!) The food is superb & comes in many varieties & prices. Get in the area around the NAVY PIER. From the Navy Pier you can go by WATER TAXIS to visit Shed Aquarium or the Historical Museum near. You can also walk but it is a jaunt. An extra day for downtown is well worth it if you have not been before.

There is also a rail from O'hare to downtown & it is cheapest way to go BUT NOT FOR A BEGINNER on a 1st trip. Which direction are you headed out of Chicago? South & WEST of downtown has several NO GO ZONES. I have been in them but mostly with larger groups. Some of them I was told to only do "country stops" at lights & NEVER NEVER allow someone to approach the car at night. Chicago is a wonder place to visit & especially to try different foods.

But it is a big city & therefore demands some respect. Traffic is almost but not quiet as bad as Houston or L.A.

Have a fun trip....
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back