Horse Vacuums?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sassy1

Reaction score
A friend is thinking about buying a horse vacuum. Does anyone have one? What sort/make is it and where did you get is from?

Pros and Cons needed.
default_unsure.png

I have the Double K Challengair vacuum, and love it! I got mine from Jeffers Equine.

I have an allergy to horse hair/dust so spring grooming is not good for me. With the vacuum I can get all the loose hair off the horses without getting it all over me & without having a major allergy attack, so this is all good.

Lots of pros, no cons that I can think of associated with my vacuum!

Yes. I just purchased one a month ago. Found a good deal, at The Stage Coach West, best price on the internet to date.

Metro-Pro 4hp. Was 189.99. I see though the sale is over. They do have a Double K for 159.99.

www.stagecoastwest.com

But not all is lost, how I found the great deal - I went to Metro Vacuum's website and looked at every single dealer and compared prices. I got a steal on mine, I saved $60.00.

I like it, it is heavy duty, 4 HP. I can hang it and the hose is 15 ft long, so I can go anywhere in a stall with it.

Good luck!

We have two shop vacs that we use on our jobs but I stole one to use in the barn. One is from Home Depot and the other one is from Harbor Freight. It is very loud to the point that it is annoying but it does ok and the horses don't seem to mind the noise and they both have good suck. However I've come to the conclusion that I could do just as good if not better with a brush in each hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! I have emailed a store regarding the Metro LAG-72 1.7 PHP which I think should be suitable.

I would try a shop vac, their inexpenisive, but they last a long time and they work

We also have a Double K at the barn and I love it. We use it almost daily with all the horses going in and out of the grooming stalls
default_smile.png

I use a small shop vac from Lowes. It can also be used to blow air, which is great for after bathing.
default_wink.png

We also use a shop vac. The small one. Nata found a special attachment for me that fits the hose, and is for horses. I don't know where she found the attachment, but it was only 19.99. The shop vac is inexpensive, can be used wet or dry, and lasts a long time.

Latest posts

Back