Horse FLU

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitty

Reaction score
I HAD a BAD case of horse flu. I had All the symptoms and more.

Getting a itch, sweaty palms, glazed eyes from staying up late at night reading and rereading ads and looking at old journals, buying your kids horse posters, catching yourself making small horse heads on a piece of paper, thinking up cute little names, buying bags of carrots and apples at the store and no one at your house eats them. Buying all new brushes and combs just because………………..

BUT I took care of it and feel alot better.
default_rolleyes.gif

SO WHO ELSE HAS HORSE FLU AND WHATTA GONNA DO ABOUT IT????
default_biggrin.png
I know WISCONSIN has a BIG OLE CASE going on. I'm getting alot of emailing for transporting. GO WISCONSIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw your ad on the saleboard and thought that it was too funny..... Wish I could be that creative!

Wish I could cure the horse flu that I have, but we don't have any more room on the farm..... And How exactly did you cure your horse flu, Kitty??

I got someone new
default_smile.png
It's the only way to truly fix it you know. I'm almost completely cured - :DOH!

But it will have to wait awhile until I reveal my lil secret. BUT IT's A GOOD ONE
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Ohhh it's the flu I've had!!!

Michael wishes it were horse-heimers
default_biggrin.png

He's about ready to get me a lobotomy as I'm going

straight from the flu into antsy pants, waiting for the

weather to break.

It must be getting close to spring!!

I know the secret
default_biggrin.png
It's a good one too!! Congratulations
default_aktion033.gif

Oh, I got it! Saw it on your sale ad too and it was cute! Just added a new one to the herd. But I'm maxed out for now. Its just me who shows and trains. So I have 7, one who will foal in April. But one of mine is just retired. So I don't do anything to him. But I have 5 show horses! What happened??? Hahaha! :DOH! So no more unless I sell first.
default_biggrin.png

I want to know this secret as well
default_yes.gif

I have all the symptoms, i need a perscription for under division yearling filly :DOH!. I could settle for a mild dose of a "Michigan" mare though
default_wink.png

Leeana

I am pretty sure I got it as well
default_smile.png
Working on resolving it as well
default_smile.png

Cant wait to see/hear about your surprise Kitty.

I think I am seriously ill with the "flu". I've had it for quite some time. I still have not been able to find the "cure"!
default_rolleyes.gif

I have seen several of your adds before, and their always interesting to read.
default_yes.gif

NOPE not yet. But I'm smiling and don't even notice that nasty snow outside
default_wink.png

But Stacy we may have to readdress the filly thing. My flu isn't quite gone yet.
default_rolleyes.gif

BUT HEY this isn't JUST ABOUT ME. I want to hear stories here
default_smile.png
Come on I know alot of you have it. spill the beans.

I also have a case of the horse flu
default_no.gif
default_biggrin.png

Theres a beautiful palomino pinto mare (you know her, Kitty!!!) that I would

LOVE to have
default_wub.png
. Ive had my eye on her for quite awhile.
default_unsure.png
default_rolleyes.gif

I want to know this secret as well
default_yes.gif

I have all the symptoms, i need a perscription for under division yearling filly :DOH!. I could settle for a mild dose of a "Michigan" mare though
default_wink.png

Leeana
I didn't really have the horse flu but I was checking out the sale board (which most of us know, is a dangerous thing, lol) and then like you Leeana, I needed a dose of Michigan mare but the shipping cost cured me
default_no.gif
. Then out of the blue I was offered a filly from someone a lot closer sooooo it looks like I will be getting a new one
default_biggrin.png

Leslie

Kitty, I bet I know as well, and yep it's a good one if it's the one I'm thinking
default_wink.png

And yep I cured my horse flu.........I guess I had a chronic case so it took several to cure it; but this treatment IS to last for at least the rest of 08'
default_rolleyes.gif

default_biggrin.png
I got a few treatments a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully it will last for a while..

YEP got it too... I got it so bad... when a friend needed me to foster a few Greyhounds from the track.. I said.. HECK YES! (put on some hooves and some fat.. and they re the same size as a mini)... I got it bad.. I tell ya.

I found a Palimino mini that is to die for.. It's a two year old . never been handled.. (that's not good).. I'm sure she'd go WORLD halter class... (great pedigree)... the woman wants $5K for her... ugh.. The woman has like 60 minis.. and her husband is disabled and she has medical issues too.. and no one works for her. I could take really good care of that little girl..

yep..got it bad..

Go on Kitty... spill the beans..

Oh gosh do I have it bad. I want a nice driving gelding. I know a man that's about 45 miles from me that has several minis (in fact, I've bought some from him before) and he has a bunch of geldings that are broke to cart. He also has carts and harnesses for sale so I plan on saving up some $$$ and buying a complete set (horse, cart, harness) come springtime. Come on warm weather!
default_new_multi.gif

So far I've not had a relapse since fall when I got my new filly for Getita, but we are going to Laura Tennill's next weekend and I'm starting to feel a little weak and may even have a fever.

OK the truth is starting to come out. I KNEW there was alot of it going around and no one is fessing up
default_smile.png

COME ON. Tell the truth.

And a unrelated question. I can't find the website for stall heaters. Anyone. I better get one ordered today or have a cold little baby next month and we can't have that
default_wink.png

I was dealing with it for months! I was in denial and refused to seek help. Finially I broke down and found the cure. My husband doesn't know that the only reason my symptoms have subsided is because I found a horse. I guess he'll be surprised when she comes home in April.

Latest posts

Back