Horse Books!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carly Rae

Reaction score
Hi!

So today my brothers ex-girlfriend took me to the "Lifeline Bookfest" I'm not too sure if Lifeline is in other countries other than Australia, but lifeline is a second hand shop. This weekend they held a Bookfest at the showgrounds in this MASSIVE shed with rows and rows of tables and crates full of books. Some books were pretty old and tacky whereas some were almost brand new.

So I went in with a budget of $40. We spend around 2 hours there, I hung around the animal section most the time, then looked at records.. Didnt find any Neil Diamond records
default_thumbdown.gif
..so I left that section. I found 8 books. The website said nothing over $5. So I was pricing my books at around $5 each. So at the end I sorted through the books keeping what I REALLY wanted. I kept 6 which I averaged to be $30. Got to the checkout and in total it cost me $5! Put my books in the car and back in I went and got the books I put back, and more
default_new_rofl.gif

So I ended up with 12 horse books. 2 novels and 10 Info.

Some are a little worn, but most are 40-50 years old lol. One was written and published 134 years ago, but I got the reprint version of it from 45 years ago.

14jw8kj.jpg

There is a few that will be really good for me such as "Understanding Horses" and "Training Explained"

Some I bought just because they were like $1 each and they looked interesting. I have a little First aid box for the horses, I found a First aid book written by Equine Veterinarians to go in the box.

I am happy with what I got, hopefully they can help me out a little.
default_smile.png

Who is the author of "The Appaloosa"?

I thought I recognized that book. I knew Dona.....loved her very much. We worked together at a career consulting firm in Portland, Oregon.

By then she was a widow and no longer had horses and we hadn't even THOUGHT of ever having horses yet. She was quite the character.

I have a nice lot of horse books on the sale board. I friend has developed macular degeneration and can no longer read them so I have them posted on the sale board for her.

Looks like you did great! I love spending time with a book almost as much as horses
default_smile.png

Just finished reading A Good Horse by Jane Smiley. I checked it out of our virtual library. A have another in the series on hold. It had a good story, with lots of good horse information. Young Adult age. Looked at some of her other titles (she is prolific), but maybe too philosophical for me.

Latest posts

Back