Home from Nationals...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniaddiction

Reaction score
Hi all

Wasn't sure about doing this, but why not. We had an amazing show for many different reasons...But to cut a long story short my girl Gracie, whom I have trained and shown all season, won National Grand Supreme B on Friday night.

Im so proud of her, she put in 200% and showed her little heart out for me and I had such a ball in the ring with her. She truely is an amazing horse, one I will never forget.

As most of you know, it was my 2007 goal to get a Supreme with her, and it doesnt get any better than this!

Here is a picture of us taken by my great friend Jane Sharps:

HelenandgracieSupreme.jpg

Unfortunately Gracies owner decided to make things very difficult and what was an amazing experience, had a rather heartbreaking end. The owners took Gracie home on the Sunday morning instead of me buying her as planned. I miss her so much already, in only six months together we had a very strong bond and I love her so much.

Anyway, thankyou SO much to everybody who supported me through this. Im sure I wont ever be able to thank everyone enough. I certainly cant name you all here.....

Congratulations to all the winners.

Helen

Helen, how wonderful and sad for you. I know how much work you put into her. So sorry but Congratulations!

Lyn

She's a beautiful mare, but it takes more than a pretty face to make it that far! You obviously did a GREAT job with training and conditioning. Congratulations! :cheeky-smiley-006:

Sorry it didn't end on the best note. Try to still enjoy your success.

She's a beautiful mare and you did great with her. Congratulations on the Supreme. It is unfortunate that you don't have the opportunity to buy her. Maybe things will change?

Helen congrats....that is just awesome!!!

Sorry it ended on a sour note though, that is sad, but you can be very, very proud of your outstanding accomplishment by getting Supreme. :aktion033:

Oh Helen, she just looked so beautiful, there was no way she wasn't going to get that title, she stood out a mile
default_yes.gif
:

You know how I feel about the rest of the @#*^#@* that went on, suffice it to say that someone has a LOT of bad karma coming their way...

Congratulations on a superb win, turning a virtually wild horse into a National Supreme Champion is not something many people are capable of.

Congratulations on a wonderful job

I am so sorry it didnt work out with purchasing her I know how hurt you must be - however don't let that take away the excitement and pride on what you accomplished

Thankyou everyone for your comments, and Brigid I sure hope your right about the Karma.....

Stephanie, I wish there was that possibility but unfortunately some people never change.

Thankyou all agian, Helen

Oh, Helen, she's so lovely!! :new_shocked:
default_wub.png
: :aktion033: I don't think I've ever seen anything quite as shiny as that trophy in your arms...or maybe it's just the glow of your pride in a job well done.
default_wink.png
: You both look wonderful. I'm so sorry it ended on a sour note, I know that just ruins everything. Hugs to you and hang in there. You turned her out like the champion she is.

Leia

CONGRATULATIONS on your wins! My goodness, you should be SO proud.

I am not sure about the whole story, but I too believe in Karma VERY much. Trust me, what goes around comes around.
default_wink.png
:

Meanwhile, just think about how much you changed your and Gracie's lifes. You WON Supreme B, and you changed her from a silly little filly into a gleaming champion.. Not just anyone can do that.

I know that must be heartbreaking to go thru what you two did together and not be able to purchase her must really hurt. <<hugs>> She will always have a very special place in your heart. Congratulations on your accomplishment, I know you are very proud--and you should be.

Congratulations, Helen! :aktion033: Congratulations on a super job with her...
default_yes.gif
: Not exactly sure what went on with the filly, but I am SO sorry that the owners took her home and didn't give you the chance to own her. But I agree with everyone here, you did SO MUCH with this filly that any horse you get in the future will certainly benefit tremendously from the knowledge that you gained from Gracie.

Again, kiddo... well done!

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

Congrats on a great win! So sorry things didn't work out for you keeping Gracie. Maybe you can look for another filly with star potential when you are ready and make her your own BEFORE taking her to a supreme, I know you can do it and think how great it will feel when it happens! Enjoy the feeling that comes from such a hard earned win, I know how hard it is to get used to not having your best friend around... kinda like missing a limb.

:aktion033: CONGRATULATIONS on having your dream come true! That is quite an accomplishment. So sorry things didn't work out as you had planned, with buying her.

Congrats on your HUGE win!!!! U should be so very proud. I bet there will be people lined up to let u get a horse from them now. Good job!

I'm sorry too that things didn't work out as you had planned but congrats on a great win and the beautiful photo!!!

Thanks Guys, Desi I hate it too, i didnt really post for the picture. More for my results..but I knew you guys would want to see one.

Oh well, reasons for everything. And Yes I am proud of our acheivement. It just didnt quite feel so good coming home with a completely empty trailer.... She was a very special girl to me.

Congratulations -- I am sad for the ending - but glad for your results.

JJay

Back