Hog Fuel

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myfirstmini

Reaction score
Does anyone know if hog fuel is available in Arkansas and if so where? The only places I can find or in the Northwest.

I just gotta ask
default_smile.png

what is "hog fuel" ?

I first read about on this forum and I had never heard of it either - don't think anyone in this area has ever heard of it since I have ask everywhere I know to ask. It is a kind of mulch, mixed with sawdust in some cases, that is an excellent cover for muddy areas. This ice has left us with some really muddy areas and with spring rains coming I thought it would be just the thing. But the only thing I can find online is in the Washington State and Oregon area so I guess a by product of the logging market.

I'm looking for anything not is not terribly expensive to put in the front of our big horse paddocks where they congregate and it stays muddy.

"Hog Fuel" are large chunks of bark chips. They range from 1 to 3 inches in diameter, so they take longer to break down.

Other areas of the country may have it, but call them Bark Chips and then you need to specify the size.

Latest posts

Back