Hobby Horse's Apache King?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TangoMango

Reaction score
Just bought a mini that came with World Class papers. His sire is Hobby Horses's Apache King. Does anyone know anything about him?

This boy's color is listed as: Golden Sorrel-Appaloosa/Flaxen mane and Tail/Blue eyes/Blanket/Blaze. LOL.. Thats a mouthful.

I sent you a PM with a picture of Hobby Horses Apache King. In his picture he looks to be a dark bay or black leopard appy. He is the sire of my blue roan mare, Moss Grove Mini Brooks Blue Moon. "Mooney" has appy spots when she is clipped.Apache King is AMHA DNA and states 33.50 height. My mare looks very much like her sire in conformation, if not color. She is about 33.5 also but had a blue roan filly that is about 30" which we have kept.

MooneyLeftside9-10-10B.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, your mare is a cutie!

This guys name is Moss Grove Apache Gambler.

Here is a pic I have of him.....

Hobby-Horses-Apache-King.jpg

Hello! Congrats on your new boy! We would love to see pics of him!

I have a AMHR triple bred Apache King grandson - parents are half siblings/granddam on sire's side was bred to her sire/ and both parents are loud black near leopard appies - but my boy is jet black with only a small star and no appy markings anywhere. I was last told that Apache King was around 34.5" tall. Both my colt's parents are well over 34" and my colt last measuring around/over 38". I had also been told of another colt that was sire by Apache King and that colt was also very tall. I believe, this is only my opinion on my horse, that since my boy was triple bred Apache King it tripled up on the tall height gene, which in turn made him so tall. If you google Apache King's name you should be able to find several of his foals and maybe some more info!

Becky M.

Whos the dam? I am Florabelles grandaughter and could give you pics and more info if youd like
default_smile.png

would LOVE to see a picture! The blue eyes make me think it might be a Moss Grove Miss America foal

Latest posts

Back