Hobbies that are sort of crafts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm working on a card of synthetic polymer buttons in the color yellow for competition. Trying to determine "what is yellow" has opened a facinating door of research for me. I'm working on an article for our state button society about color. I keep reading and studying--it is so technical and complex I'm having trouble comprehending it. I've asked an artist friend to look at the yellow "color wheel" I'm putting together to illustrate my article, and I thought of asking a quilter to look at it--quilters seem so gifted about color. The color wheel is supposed to show yellow in relation to the other colors.

Here is what I have so far:

www.cassphoto.com/yellowcolors.jpg

The research has really helped me see colors better. I have other buttons that might illustrate the hues and values better; that's what I wanted an artist/quilter to help me with--choosing the buttons that best illustrate. Everyone's eye sees a little differently and the judges' will be the final word.

The work on this award has also opened my eyes to how facinating plastics are--and beautiful. I don't have my yellow button card all together yet.

I can't get the page to open
default_gaah.gif

I'd love to see! Can you post a picture?
default_please.gif

Latest posts

Back