high risk mare on marestare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diana was kind enough to wait for me to get there, get the barn horses fed, get her stall cleaned, straw down, tail up and them poof..down she went. If anyone was watching and noticed me jump right in there pretty much when she went down...it was a red bag. Lucky me! Normally I let nature take it's course and just keep an eye out for anything wrong. So far of the two mares that aren't mine I've foaled out both have been red bags. Sheesh! Fortunately Diana's had several foals so it was easy to get her out fast. Nice little light buckskin filly. Mom did get some banamine and took a couple short naps while I got baby dried off. It's a little chilly out there today. The mare next door was dying to steal the baby away too. At one point I thought she might try to come over the wall. Silly mare! I told her she needed to have her own. :)

Way to go Diana!! Many congratulations on your new little filly - thank goodness you were there for her!

Anna

Thanks Jen (Enchantress)!! I am very glad you were there. I'm not sure I've said thank you enough!!! I've foaled out about 25 mares and I think one might have been a red bag. We had the vet out this afternoon to check because Willow had a lot of milk go out her nose while Jen was there. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a cleft palette or something.

I'm going to leave the camera on her for a little while to make sure she is nursing well. Then I'll put it back to the quad view. Swirl is at like day 330.

Tomorrow should be warm so I hope to get some pictures sans blankie.

willow_0450.JPG

Dam is a Top Cat daughter and sire is a BTU son.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah ha--I wondered why you went in there so fast. It was hard to catch the red bag situation. Great job, Jen!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

She's sure looks like a princess with that purple blanket on!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was watching the cam and thought to myself, hmm... Jen's got a different style that mine... kind of aggressive... LOL

Just thankful she was there!!!

default_laugh.png
I was thinking that too--but I figured she just wanted to led the mare a hand--well--and that she did.
default_laugh.png
It was so much fun to catch it this morning--I'm on vacation and happened to read the news about the ph, so started watching and within 5 min she was out. Cool.
default_yes.gif

What a lovely little filly!!

Congratulations!!!!

(So glad Enchantress was there right then.)

Congratulations! What color is she?

Good for you with being right in there for the red bag.
default_aktion033.gif

Oh, and I LOVE her Jammies! Where did you get the foal blanket?

She is precious, I would like to know where you got that adorable blankie too.

Back