Hi my name is Lilo

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
Just wanted to tell you a little about me. I am a pretty/handsome grey tabby kitten. I have extra toes on my front feet and understand that makes me a Polydactyl. Pretty yellow eyes and an attitude.

I am a very nice little gentleman so I don't understand how when I needed a new home and the humans took the time to come and pick me out they really didn't want me. So I ended up out in the world alone fending for myself in the cold and rain. I was living at a garbage transfer station in my area when one morning I smelled the most wonderful smell.

Yummy! Tuna Fish. Who could resist such a wonderful odor and not run in to eat it. I was so cold and hungry that I just had to have it. Then to my surprise the door closed behind me and I was unable to get back out. I was so scared! Then this two legged monster picked up the contraption that I was locked in, put me in a truck and away we went. Next I was picked up again and taken into a warm building. He reached in grabbed me and stuck me in another cage. Now I am totally terrified. I asked several times that they let me out. Let me find a good safe place to hide. Well that wasn't happening. They would reach in at me, grab me and touch me all over. In their defense they did give me more food and water. After much complaining I was given a dark cave that I could crawl into where I felt safe and could finally curl up and go to sleep.

Then after what they said was a day a lady showed up, picked me up from the cage and once again held onto me. Why do they keep wanting to put their paws all over me against my will. Worse yet this human put me in a box, I was trapped and knew we had left that warm building. Back into a moving vehicle and off we went. Once again I have been over taken with great fear. What now? Are they taking me back to that cold wet place? Finally we stop moving. Lifted up again into the cold, then I feel the warm air and hear many strange noises. Oh No! Once again those paws have me in their grasp and I am stuck into this larger cage and OMG! What are those? Their noses pressed against the wires looking at me and swear I saw them licking their lips. I know I am here to be their dinner. Look at them they look so hungry. I will just reach thru and slap them so they know I won't go easy. Good I got the darker one real good and it was kind of fun watching him jump away with surprise in his eyes. What the human opened my door and both of those vicious hungry guys are coming in. What do I do now? Try being nice, just sit here and be eaten. Oh no now they are licking me to get a taste. This can't be good.

What! They have just walked away. Come back I'm not disgusting, I don't stink. Why did they just walk away? Well I am going to go after them. They can't treat me this way. Ha! I jumped on the dark one and we had quite the wrestling match. I feel I have won that first bout we will see what happen the next time. Oh no the human is moving run everybody, hide. This human will never catch me. I won't go back in a cage and you aren't going to take me back to that cold damp place. Here I can wup those critters and there is more food than I can eat. Lots of places to hide and a really soft warm place to sleep.

Well after a long time living here it is fun to have my new friends. They haven't eaten me and they have let me curl up next to them to sleep. We run and play all the time. I have even discovered I can lay in the same area as that human and she doesn't try to grab at me. When she isn't looking I swat her toes and just set close and look at her. I've been tempted at times to jump on her like the dogs do but I'm still a little afraid if I do she will grab me and I will be taken away against my will. She says the funny things that cause me to go see what she is doing, Lilo, Lilo, Lilo, and Kitty, Kitty Kitty. I can't seem to resist these sounds.

So for now life is good, I have two wonderful new friends. The human calls them Freddie and Teddie. There is a big black one who I have swatted at under a door and he just lays there trying so hard to see what is on the other end of that foot. The human calls him Diego. My friends seem to really like him from what I can see under and thru the door but I'm still not sure about him.

I now spend my days eating, sleeping and playing with my friends. Can it possibly get any better than this

Here is my picture. I won't sit still long enough for that two legged human person to get another one.

Lilo003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well written! I cryed and I laughed. Remins me of Bella's story. She was a house kitten, obviously loved by a child and then found abandoned at a barn just before Christmas with her ear tips frozen. Poor girl is so sweet and well behaved too.

So ....WHERE are Lilo's pictures?

From the first photo to the second...

That's one small step for a kitten, one giant leap for Lilo!

Just look at that posture and those eyes...even if you did catch him unawares, that's not the same terrified, feral cat! I just bet that one of these nights you'll wake up to feel a warm body snuggled against your legs....and the rest is history.

Great story!

Awww! What a great story!!!

Cute kitty.
default_smile.png

Congrats to all of you.

Liz

Lilo is very pretty and obviously very happy in his new "digs"!
default_wub.png

Lilo is very happy here. I use his toy on a string to get close to him. He can't resist that particular toy. This morning he let me pet his tail and his foot. That is huge for him. After all no more cold and wet for him. He is totally a house kitty.

He sure loves his puppy dogs. And what a little piggy he is. I will get more pics of him as he becomes more trusting.

He might never totally trust humans but I sure hope he does. I wish I knew how he was treated previously.

While it is possible that he never trusts humans completely, it's also possible that he'll go completely in the other direction and will come to absolutely trust and adore you.

As I mentioned on the phone, people who specialize in feral cats say that they watch your other pets and learn from them. Lilo is already learning from Teddy and Freddy. Just PLEASE -- don't let him learn from Ariel!

Lilo looks so content in that picture...thanks for sharing your story Lilo!

Latest posts

Back