HI, I AM STILL HERE, PETUNIA IS TOO!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvwalkers

Reaction score
HI, I HAVE BEEN LURKING AROUND BUT COULDN'T FIND IT IN ME TO REPLY TO ANYTHING :no: . I AM THINKING THE EMAIL WITH MY GIFT EXCHANGE PERSONS NAME MAYBE SNAPPED ME OUT OF IT
default_rolleyes.gif
: . IT GIVES ME SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO DOING! :aktion033:

ANYWAY WHAT I WANTED TO SAY WAS, POOR PETUNIA STILL HAS NO BABY. IT IS GETTING COLDER AND I WORRY ABOUT A BABY THIS TIME OF YEAR. AS MOST OF YOU KNOW, SHE WAS BRED WHEN I GOT HER AND TOLD SHE WAS DUE THE MIDDLE OF SEPTEMBER. SO MUCH FOR THAT! SHE HAS A LITTLE TINY BAG BUT IT HASN'T CHANGED IN A MONTH. SHE IS ONLY 3 AND SHE IS BRED TO A MINI HORSE. SOME SAY THAT HINNYS ARE HARDER TO DELIVER FOR FIRST TIME MOMS, (NOT SURE WHY? HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD THAT OR KNOW WHY ?) SO THAT ALSO HAS ME CONCERNED
default_unsure.png
: NIKKI

Last edited by a moderator:
I sure don't enjoy waiting for a baby when you don't know WHEN it's coming! I feel for you...especially when you don't know your jenny's "patterns" for foaling. Anyway, just remember that nature seems to work pretty well most of the time. I figure they are close when they look like they can't possibly can get any more lumps or bumps in their tummys! LOL! Also, I've found that they begin to "look in foal" at 7 months so try to figure 5 months after that for a donkey to have 12 months(we've come to the conclusion that it takes those extra months to grow the ears).

Since you can't do anything to stop her delivery when it's time(no matter what the weather is) just try to make a plan for helping keep the baby warm when it does get here. Heat lamps help if you have a place where you can keep her contained and inside. When I lived in MO, we used to use human down/fleece vests on our babies. If it's a boy, you can put it on them with the snaps down their tummy, leaving the bottom ones unsnapped for his "parts". If it's a jenny, you can snap or zip it down their backs.

As far as the hinny goes, I've never heard of the delivery being tougher, just the acceptance of the baby since it will smell different than a donkey. "Minimules" has more experience with this since her mares have to accept a mule baby who also smells different. Maybe she will add suggestions on that.

Take care and I wish you the warmest weather possible!

Hi Nikki :saludando:

I have been thinking about you
default_yes.gif
: I sure hope things are continuing to improve for you. It is so normal for you to feel the way you do after going through something as horrific as you did.

And yes...you do have something to look forward to

Petunia, Petunia, Petunia......

It seems you've been prego forever!!!!

*Give her a Jelly doughnut...I have always heard that brings on labor :lol:

Happy to hear from you Nikki
default_yes.gif
:

Looks like Gracie and Petuna will keep us guessing for a little while longer
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Please hang around and post we need you
default_yes.gif
:

Looks like Gracie and Petuna will keep us guessing for a little while longer
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Please hang around and post we need you
default_yes.gif
:

default_blush.png
: THANKS GUYS
default_blush.png
:

I HAVE ALMOST GIVEN UP ON PETUNIA :bgrin !

I GO TO BACK TO THE DOCTORS TOMORROW, NOT A TRIP I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO! 3 HOURS! WE WILL SEE HOW I HOLD UP
default_smile.png
. HOPEFULLY I GET SOME GOOD NEWS! MAYBE THAT WILL HELP MY MOOD
default_yes.gif
:

BY THE WAY, CAN YOU TELL I LOVE TO SHOP? OUR HEE HAW EXCHANGE HAS LURDED ME FROM MY CAVE WHERE I HAVE BEEN HIDING :bgrin
default_wacko.png
: :bgrin
default_wacko.png
: :bgrin ! NIKKI

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow ...going to the Dr's and all. Owie..that is a looong road trip back & forth...draining as well!!

Let us know what happens...please.

Also, sending warm thoughts & winds to Petunia
default_yes.gif
:

[SIZE=12pt]Hi Nikki, I just wanted to let you know that I have been thinking about you and Petunia! I hope you got some good news today at the doctor and I hope it wasn't too draining on you. Please let us know some good news when you get a chance!
default_yes.gif
: Shannon
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

HI, WE DIDN'T GET HOME UNTIL 11:00 LAST NIGHT. LONG DAY!

WELL THE NEWS IS I AM HEALING, I KINDA FIGURED THAT
default_wacko.png
: , AND I HAVE TO GO BACK IN A MONTH. IT WAS WHAT I FIGURED. I TRIED TO ASK A FEW QUESTIONS BUT HE WAS RUNNING 3 HOURS BEHIND, YES, THATS RIGHT, 3 HOURS I WAITED TO SEE HIM! AND NO HE DIDN'T HAVE AN EMERGENCY, HE WAS JUST RUNNING THAT BEHIND. :no: .

O.K. ENOUGH COMPLAINING! I FEEL BETTER KNOWING I WENT AND IT'S DONE WITH, MAYBE NEXT MONTH WHEN I GO THEY WILL LET ME START TO STAND A LITTLE.
default_yes.gif
:

THANKS FOR ASKING! :bgrin , NIKKI

GLAD TO HEAR ALL WENT WELL AND THAT YOU ARE HEALING!
default_smile.png

:aktion033: Nikki...glad to hear the positive news :aktion033:

It makes us all MAD ...with Dr's appt.'s being late & then.... them not giving us the time of day!

In your case ...However you would think he would have taken you when you arrived there...(just show up type policy) in your case. But anyway he has helped you in so many ways...if he is THAT busy ... he must be popular
default_yes.gif
: that is a good sign
default_yes.gif
:

Next months report card WILL be better...and I am sure you'll try walking before then :aktion033:

Blooooowing some more warmer winds your way.. for Petunia & baby
default_yes.gif
: Teri

[SIZE=12pt]Glad to hear the good news Nikki...
default_yes.gif
: Thanks for letting us know.
[/SIZE]

Don't you wish we could back charge the doctor for OUR time that we have to sit and wait on them? I hate going to the doctor because I can't stand to wait like that either... Shannon

Am glad you are doing better Nikki!

Don't mares/jenny's just drive you crazy when they make you wait!

And those are usually the ones that drop the foals when you least expect it.

Am sure baby will be born safe and sound.....when it feels like coming out.
default_yes.gif
: :lol:

Back