Hey guys, I need some help

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck living in FL I think its a nice place to live and Jacksonville still has something of seasons - my mom lives outside Ocala / Gainsville area and I love going to visit and I lived in West Palm for half my childhood/young adulthood and had horses so understand.

I think you are going to welcome the change from all the snow.

And leeapachemoon you'll be a close neighbor to my mom its BEAUTIFUL country there! I just love the rolling hills and massive live oaks drapped w spanish moss

Sue I remember your terrible winter struggle all too well. I was worried about you! To answer your questions, first and foremost do by all means vaccinate and I mean vaccinate. Seems to me Florida manages to get all the nasties of anything coming off the cost of Cuba! So yes, things like sleeping sickness for sure and tetnus.......I always did a 4 way. Haven't lived there since the West Nile was invented and since skeeters are a huge problem there I'd say you might want to cover all your basis. Also something for sand colic prevention a must. I used to use Sand Blast mostly. Native grass hay is pangola, a cheap cow type hay that I used to use for "filler" inbetween feedings of decent hay just to keep them busy. At times a bunch of us would get together and go north and purchase nice orchard grass that can be as close as Georgia, Tenn, or Kentucky for $4.00 or less per bale. There are two miniature horse farms already all set up near me in Tennessee if you want to come check those out I'll show ya! But wherever you end up, you can't beat living by family. Hugs.

Latest posts

Back