helpful pointers on showing a solid color filly?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlotte, I just love Skipper, he is so handsome!
default_wub.png

I agree with Relic on the flax. I use a supplement based on flax that is manufactured by HorseTech, called Glanzen 3. The reason I like using Glanzen is that it also contains trace minerals and is formulated with a balanced calcium/phosphorous ratio. The problem with using raw flax is that you really need to offset the high phosphorous content by supplementing with some form of calcium.

I give my minis 2-3 tablespoons of Glanzen 3 each evening, and I have been complimented on their coats over and over, even by Liz McMillan, who knows a nice coat when she sees it!
default_thumbup.gif
I was very flattered with that compliment.
default_yes.gif

We ran into a problem using Boss on my daughters mare and one of the stallions that required vet help so took all the minis of it and started them on flax which they get year round...
I WAS a firm believer in boss UNTIL I switched to flax..their hair has never been so soft and healthy..my one little one always has straw for a mane untill the flax.

That really concerns me about not off setting the flax w/ calcium. I didn't realize that. Well if the stuff I'm using right now doesn't work I'll try the Glanzen 3. I wonder if it will help w/ making their mane and tail grow. That's what were working on now. TJ

Latest posts

Back