Help with sick chicks

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abby

Reaction score
I've lost 3 out of 4 chicks this week. They seem to have an upper respiratory illness, I can hear the congestion. Is there any way to save my last chick? I feel so badly watching them suffer.

Any help greatly accepted.

Lee

Hi. You can try going to Murray and McMurray (I think that is the name) website...they are a really good hatchery and have a wealth of info on their site..you could probably talk to customer service and they might be able to help. Good luck with your chick! Pam

Have you been putting sulphacillin in their water???

It would pay you to do it next time, it takes care of this infection. Without it I do not know what to tell you- I do not think they will survive to be honest, birds are very susceptible to this sort of thing.

Sorry.
default_unsure.png
:

Oh, Lee, I am so sorry about your little chicks. I don't know anything about them so I'm no help. Just know that I am thinking about you and them and I will pray that your little one pulls through ok.

How is Patty? Did she foal? How are you doing? I have been thinking of you. (((HUGS)))

Linda

Roxy's Run Miniatures/Renditions

Back